Suddenly, my phone alarmed for a reminder. I searched my phone in my bed and immediately turned on the screen.

       Love’s 4th Death Anniversary
       6:00 AM, 31/10/2020
      (Snoozing until 23:59 PM)

My eyes widened. I almost forgot that today was Tay’s 4th death anniversary.

“We’ll meet again today Love,” I kissed the picture frame and slowly rise from bed, wipe my tears and nose, and went to the bathroom.

I wear a white pullover sweater and an eco washed organic denim pants.

My breathing became heavy while I’m walking towards the door of my unit. My hands went cold. Thinking that I might accidentally meet Off somewhere outside makes my heart beat fast.

If I might meet him what will I do? Should I greet him? Arrgh! Whatever. Just screw it.

I went outside the unit and there’s no people can be seen in the hallway. I tried to check Off’s unit but it’s still closed. I sighed.

Maybe he is still sleeping at this moment. It’s just 6:30 in the morning. Yeah, it’s still early.

But he is always entering my condo at 5 or earlier.

Okay whatever. Things had already changed.

I went to the car park but my eyes are still wandering all over the place hoping to see even Off’s shadow somewhere but there’s no sign of Off here.

After a few minutes, somebody tapped my shoulders from behind.
I immediately turned my back to see who it was.

“Aroonsawad Nong Gun.”

(arroonsawad- good morning)

“Good morning Ta Benz.” I tried to smile back at the guard who warmly greeted me.

The little hope and excitement that I feel earlier immediately fade away.

Gun! Stop hoping that Off will be here to see you! He will never come back!

“Where are you going? You’re early. And, where’s Off by the way?”

“Uhh...”

I don’t know what I will tell him. I don’t know Off’s whereabouts and maybe I will never know it anymore.

“Uhm...I’m going to meet someone. And as for Off, maybe he still sleeping in his condo.”

I’m trying to be calm and not to break down in front of him. It will be embarrassing if that happens.

“It’s weird. Off is always with you and cling like a monkey. But well, maybe he is still really asleep. I’ll go now. Drive safely.” Ta Benz went back on walking around the car park.

Cling like a monkey huh? Not anymore.

I went inside my car and drove fast to the flower shop of a friend.

“Aw, P’Gun. It’s nice to see you here.” Mook immediately put down that she’s arranging and hug me tight.

“It’s nice to see you too Mook.”I said while hugging her back.