I call RM as I speed walk to my room. I don't know if he's going to pick up since he might be busy practicing but I'm proven wrong when he picks up.

"Yeah?" He says, out of breath.
"You got time?" I ask.
"Well, we're practicing now, but I can talk" RM says.

"When are you guys finished?" I ask.
"I don't know. Late probably" he tiredly says.

"Come sleep over tonight. I need to tell you what happened. Ok-bye" I quickly say, hanging up before he could refuse.

I collapse on my bed. I stare at the ceiling. I sit up again to grab my phone. I can't have my mind unoccupied or I will think of what Dad said.

I play music and decide to get started on my homework and study for whatever. Mom broke me out of my study phase as she called me for dinner. Is RM going to come?

I was a little quiet during dinner. Mom and Dad were talking about some or other business thing. I wasn't paying much attention.

I jump straight back into my study phase. I'll wait for RM.

I stretch and yawn at some point. I check the time to see it's almost midnight. Is he really not coming...

Just as I started to seriously doubt, RM messaged me to say that he was at my gate. I'm sure the alarms are activated so I find the remote to disable it. I rush out to open up for him without much noise.

"I'm so glad you came" I say with a huge hug the moment the gate opened.
"Did something happen?" He asks in the hug.
"I'll tell you all about it" I say and I did.

RM was looking at me with wide eyes. We were both expecting this but we didn't realize it was this soon. After a bit of silence, he speaks up.

"...Do you want me to come with you?" He asks.
"To the physical exam?" I ask.
"Yeah-and to military service" he adds on. I look at him with wide eyes.

"I need to go at some point too. We can go together" RM says with a small smile.
"No. Your career is just starting to pick up" I deny with a shake of my head.

"Isn't that all the more reason to go?" He asks.
"No. You need to make a name for yourself before you go. Then you'll have something to come back to. Don't worry, you have lots of time" I say.

"I'm not worried for me, I'm worried for you" RM says, looking me straight in the eyes.

"You really shouldn't worry. I'm fine. I will be fine" I say with a smile, trying to reassure him.

"What if something happens?" RM says, starting to freak out.
"Anything can happen any day. I could die tomorrow" I counter. RM pulls a face. He knows what I mean.

"I'm going with you to the physical exam" RM says with finality.
"I'm not a little girl who needs a hand to hold on to. It's not like I'm getting a injection" I say and RM looks at me skeptically.

"Wait-am I getting an injection?" I ask, my eyes widening. RM eases into a smile.

"I don't know" RM says.
"How helpful" I sarcastically say with a roll of my eyes.

Then I explain the marriage thing.

RM tenses at the topic. I know-it's a very uncomfortable topic but I was more uncomfortable hearing it from my own father.

I told him about the playboy thing and RM bursts out laughing.

"Shut it" I say with a huge frown.

"I have no idea what he's talking about" I say as I cross my arms.
"I know exactly what he's talking about" RM snickers, teasing me.

"Do I really come off as a playboy?" I ask with a pout.
"Well-yeah" RM deadpans. I frown.

"Really?" I ask, feeling a bit upset. I don't want people to view me like that...

"But it's only your dad and I that think that. It's just funny to see that he's on my side" RM says.
"He's always on your side" I mutter to myself.

Dad always wanted me to be like RM. smart, hard working, kind. If only he knew what happens behind closed doors.

"It's okay dude. I'm here for you" RM says as he pats my back with a dimpled smile.

"You make it sound like I'm going to die" I say with a sigh.
"Of course not. Just look at how ripped you're getting" RM encourages with a thumbs up.

"I know right? Check this out" I say as I lift my shirt to show off my abs but RM falls off the bed.
"D-don't do t-that. Put your s-shirt back on. Idiot!" he cowers as he scrambles on the floor.

"Geez dude. Chill" I laugh at his over dramatic reaction.

The physical exam went well and I'm still deciding if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I am honored to fight for my country but I'm actually pretty scared. The only thing that eases my mind is that I'm not the only one. I met a few great people while waiting for my turn so it wouldn't be all that bad.

I had to tell my friends so I went along to their dance practice the one day. Going isn't a big deal. I just had to let them know where I'm going for the next two years. It would be kind of rude if I woke up the one day and left without telling them.

The mood soon turned solemn but I managed to turn it around. I'm pretty impressed myself at how I turned it around.

(I do not own the video.)