Part 8

Meanwhile, in the night time Kid Arachnid, Ero, Spider-Strike, Funnel Web and Spider-Rose were getting off the city bus and web swinged to a tall construction tower. Ero climbs up there. And they look at the mansion where Adrian Agreste used to live in before he moved in with Marinette. Spider-Strike used his lens to scan the mansion. "Mayura has a private elevator entrance from the mansion to the collider down below." He said. "Its was where Hawk Moth's evil lair was. Mayura did some redecorating after he died."

"And it looks like we didn't count on having an audience." Ero said as the spiders see people walking on a red carpet into the mansion.

While the people were chattering. The spiders swinged to the rooftop of the mansion. And inside, they see a party in honor of Kid Arachnid. "You gotta be kidding me." They all said.

They see Natalie at the Stand with a big picture of Kid Arachnid. They also see Lila letting the bodyguard know about the plan while Natalie gives her speech. "Thank you. It's nice to be here this evening to celebrate Kid Arachnid." She said... scratch that, she lies. "He and I were very close."

"What a hypocritical crone!" Funnel Web said

"What a hypocritical crone!" Funnel Web said. He was disgusted of Natalie's lies.

"Hold on. Take a look at how the waiters are dressed." Ero pointed out. The spiders see the waiters dressed up with Kid Arachnid masks. "It's in poor taste, but... It can't be that easy."

The spiders were in bow ties and serving food. Ero morphed into a human shape to fit in. "It's that easy then."

While the spiders were secretly sneaking to get to the secret elevator, Natalie continues with her speech. "I was wanna thank Wendy Rodriguez for being here this evening."

Kid Arachnid heard his ex-wife's name and saw her sitting on one of the tables. His eyes widen. "... Wendy?" He said.

The old spider hero sees Wendy walked up, but Funnel Web stopped him. "HEY! Pay attention. It's not your Wendy, John, okay?" He said as he pushes Kid Arachnid.

Although Kid Arachnid couldn't help himself. "I'm sorry. I'll be back." He said as he takes the dinner tray. Ero, Spider-Strike and Spider-Rose stop and see Kid Arachnid being stubborn.

Funnel Web holds the tray to block Kid Arachnid. "John! Come here. Trust me. Sayori and I've been there. You got to move on, buddy."

Kid Arachnid didn't listen. "It will take my one second." Let me just-Oh!"

Wendy walked towards Kid Arachnid, thinking he was just a waiter. John was speechless at the sight of seeing her. "Hello."

"Oh, wow." Kid Arachnid said in awe.