"Hi, can you help us-" Pepper was cut off by a woman stood beside them.

"Oh, my God. You're Tony Stark." She yelled wide-eyed.

"Yeah, I am," Tony smirked.

"Mister Stark?!" A voice called from the other side of the room. Tony and Pepper turned to see a woman approaching them. The woman before them had a polite smile on her face as she spoke, "Mister Stark, I'm Ms. Lewis. I need to talk to you about Sarah James. I believe I spoke to your assistant over the phone."

"Yes, that's me." Pepper held out her hand for the woman to shake while Tony simply stared at her.

"Please, follow me." The woman said leading them to a room where they could talk privately.

The three entered a room, it's usual purpose was for interrogations. Tony and Pepper sat across from the woman in slightly awkward silence.

"Mister Stark, you knew Sarah James, is that correct?" Ms. Lewis asked

"Uh, yeah, we grew up together. We started dating a few years back but we broke up when she got a job offer." Tony nodded.

"Have you seen or heard from her since then?"

"She moved away for her job and we kept in touch for about three months but since then we haven't seen each other. Why do I feel like I am being interrogated?"

"Sarah James died nine hours ago, in a hit and run car crash." Ms. Lewis informed them.

Tony was shocked into silence. He remembered how much he had cared about Sarah. She is the only woman he had been completely committed to. He felt like she was the person he could spend the rest of his life with but when she got a job offer he knew he couldn't stand in her way.

"I work with the Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division. I work to keep the children of our agents safe if anything is to happen to one of their parents." Ms. Lewis explained.

"Whoa, wait for a second, children. Why are we talking about children?" Tony asked beginning to panic.

"Mister Stark, Sarah has an eight-year-old daughter. Your daughter."

"That's not possible. I- I mean, Sarah would have told me. She... Uh... She would have told me., Tony stuttered.

"Mister Stark, you have a daughter. A little girl who has no family but you." Ms. Lewis assured him.

"Uhh.. Where is she?" Tony asked.

"She was taken to New York-Presbyterian Hospital after the accident. She's fine, she just had a head injury but it doesn't seem to have done any serious damage. We sent a psychiatrist to talk to her in hopes of helping her understand the loss of her mother." Ms. Lewis explained.

Tony sat in silence, not knowing what to say or how to act. Ms. Lewis sat patiently allowing the news to sink in.

"Can we see her?" Pepper asked when she realized that Tony wasn't going to talk.

"There is one other thing. Your daughter was born with a condition. She inherited it from her mother. It makes her different, to most eight-year-olds." Ms. Lewis began.

"What do you mean by condition?" Tony asked looking up.

"It less of a condition and more of a mutation. She was born with abilities. When she was young her mother found a way to damper them to help her sleep at night but as she grows the damper will become less effective."

"What do you mean by abilities?" Pepper inquired.

"She can move things without touching them, she can feel and understand what others are feeling without talking or touching them, she doesn't even need to be near them." Tony stared at the woman in front of him feeling as though the air had been knocked out of him. "So now you know everything, would you like to see your daughter, Mister Stark?"