Chapter 8: Show me Your Worth

Start from the beginning

"Isn't my cape fabulous?" a sparkling Aoyama asked while twirling his cape to and fro.

All Might however, just sweat-dropped at the barrage of questions heading his way. "Hng! I'll answer your question all at once! First, I'll explain, second, don't go too far, third, no, forth, I was just getting to that, and last, yes, it is fabulous."

The students who had their questions answered relaxed and let All Might continue. "The situation goes as is, the villains have a nuclear weapon they are guarding they intend to deploy while the heroes must stop them from doing so. If the heroes capture the villains or reach the bomb before the time limit, they win. If the villains however, manage to keep the bomb safe until the time limit or capture the heroes, they win," said All Might while reading a piece of paper he got from his pocket, causing the students deadpan at the hero.

"Your teams and opponents will be chosen via lottery," said All Might as he took out a raffle box. Iida however, looked confused, "Is that how we'll really do it!?"

"Iida, think for a moment, pros mostly have to work with other heroes on the spot during a crisis," Izuku just stated with a deadpan. Even though he has no more interest in heroes, he still has knowledge on how heroes operate, that, and he still writes on that notebook on quirk analysis, recording both heroes and villains, as well as some quirks he saw civilians use from time to time. Better knowledgeable than ignorant if someone whose quirk's the same come running at him screaming 'MURDER!'

"I see! Once again you have proven yourself better than me! I will strive to be better!" Iida exclaimed as he turned towards All Might and bowed. "Forgive me for interrupting!"

"Well done young Midoriya. It seems who have a good mind on your head. Anyway! Let's start!"

Team A: Midoriya Izuku & Yaoyorozu Momo

Team B: Mezo Shoju & Hagakure Toru

Team C: Minoru Mineta & Koji Koda

Team D: Katsuki Bakugou & Shoto Todoroki

Team E: Mina Ashido & Yuga Aoyama

Team F: Rikido Sato & Mashirao Ojiro

Team G: Denki Kaminari & Kyoka Jiro

Team H: Fumikage Tokoyami & Tsuyu Asui

Team I: Iida Tenya & Uraraka Ochako

Team J: Eijiro Kirishima & Hanta Sero

'Hmm... The creation girl, wonder if she could create Titanite?' Izuku pondered as his teammate approached him with a steady gait.

"Your Midoriya Izuku, right? Pleased to have you," Momo bowed towards Izuku, and Izuku bowed as well.

"Likewise," Izuku replied as he brought his head back up. Meanwhile on the other side with Iida, Ochako was pouting a bit for not being Izuku's partner. On the other hand, Mineta was screaming his lungs out why his partner had to be a boy, while said teammate was inching away further in disgust from the stench.

"And the first two pairs to do combat will be the following!" All Might exclaimed as he shoved his hands into two ballot boxes and took two balls with a corresponding letter written on it.

"TEAM A v.s. TEAM D! With Team A as the heroes and Team D as the villains!" Izuku just nodded while Bakugou grinned.

'This time Midoriya, I will show you, I will not make the same mistakes again, but I will still be number one!' Bakugou declared as he headed towards Shoto who was still indifferent to everything around him