Chapter 9: A Brief Respite

After having Bakugou out of the equation, it wasn't that hard to finish off Todoroki, though it was still harder than average.

First, before entering the room, Izuku wore the Slumbering Dragoncrest Ring and told Momo to wait by the door to capture Todoroki. Izuku kicked the door down then threw the nine-bangers Momo gave to him earlier. Thanks to his helmet, just turning away for a second negated the flash about to blind his eyes. The ringing noise however, was overcome due to getting used to the noise back in Lordran.

There were a lot of loud enemies back there after all.

Todoroki however, was another matter. First of all, there was no noise when the door opened suddenly, and when he did get a good look at the attacker, a bright flash assaulted his eyes and a loud ringing sound raped his ears. Couple that with it ringing 9-times, it was incredibly painful for Todoroki.

Because of that, Todoroki lashed out, sending ice all over the place in a desperate attempt to hold back the attacker before he could recover. He couldn't see, nor hear because of the nine-bangers, and Izuku took that advantage over the dual-colored teen.

Since most of the waves of frost and ice were haphazardly flying around, Izuku had to dodge those coming towards him by rolling and sidestepping some barrage of ice. Partner that with his ring, then he was totally silent, even while wearing that heavy armor. No sound could be heard from his running.

Once Izuku was close enough, he grabbed the confused and flustered blind teen, and threw him towards the door, where Momo was waiting with the capture tape. After wrapping his arms with it, Izuku touched the plastic model of the nuclear bomb they were supposed to capture.

"HERO TEAM WINS!" All Might screamed in the microphone after the intense, but pitiful battle.

'Todoroki... You're holding back... I can sense the fire inside you,' Izuku thought as he stared at the dual-colored teen right next to Momo. "By the way, sorry for getting on a first name basis during the match Yaoyorozu. Time is precious after all."

"Oh, think nothing of it Midoriya," Momo smiled at the emerald teen. "After all, a single second in battle can be a drastic change for those involved."

Once the two were done untying Todoroki, who was cursing the two of them because of using those utility bombs which did a number on him, they then headed towards a tied up Bakugou who was busy snarling and... biting, at the net that was wrapped around him.

"Seriously Bakugou?" Izuku said with an exasperated face.

"Shut up! Try being tied up in this piece of shit net!" Bakugou growled out towards the emerald teen, who just shook his head in response as he cut the net open, freeing Bakugou from the trap.

Once all four of them were up and moving, they then headed back towards the observation room where the rest of the group was waiting. After a few minutes of walking, the four arrived at the room with most of the students staring at them with shock, specifically, the emerald teen who was expressionless as always.

"Now then, for this match, the MVPs are none other Young Midoriya and Young Yaoyorozu." All Might stated towards the gathering of students, who in turn, nodded in agreement at the result. "Could anyone elaborate as to why?"

"Sir!" Iida raised his hand among the gathering of students who were busy coming up with an answer. "It is because of the plan they came up with. During the fight, Midoriya was baiting Bakugou into a particular spot. That was probably the first step in their plan. Next was how to capture Bakugou."

"Destroying a floor to catch an opponent off-guard is not a viable plan because of how destructive it is to the surroundings and how it can harm those below the floor as well. Depending on the weight as well, it can even cause the next floor to break and continue all the way towards the ground floor."