42; doki doki, lunch dates, and parallel universes

***

"SIT-UPS! ONE MINUTE!" 

"What set is this?"

"The hundredth."

"It's the fourth. Don't listen to Kaminari."

The boys of Class 1-A were now in the pool area of the school premises. Every Saturday, the boys decided to have their conditioning workouts. For the girls, they just have their usual fun at the pool.

"Iida's so strict whenever we do these conditioning exercises. I'm glad he's our class rep, you know? He can look out for the class and-"

"Shut up and do your sit-ups, shitty nerd." Bakugou grunts, doing his sit-ups with every whistle from Iida's count. 

Todoroki, from Midoriya's right, agrees with the freckled teen. "Do you think he's been a class rep before?"

"In his middle school? He told me and Uraraka before that he was always elected class rep! Amazing right? I bet they have the most trust on him and–"

"DEKU IF YOU DON'T SHUT UP I'M DROWNING YOU IN THAT POOL!" Bakugou stops his sit-ups and activates his quirk on his right to where it was closest to Midoriya.

Iida whistles, "Bakugou! You're not instructed to stop while I'm still counting!" He chops his hand through the air, "We're starting this set again!"

A few of the guys groan.

"Oh, shut up! Don't fuckin' act like we don't do this every fucking Saturday, pussies!" He barked back.

Midoriya and Todoroki look at him funny, "By the way," Todoroki gets the guy on his left's attention. "–what was the manga you were reading earlier? It looked like you and Uraraka bonded over that so well."

In under a second, Midoriya's face turned into a tomato. "Oh! U-uh, that was uh, a manga..."

"What manga?" Todoroki asks again. 

"Uh... a romance... manga..." He answered, shyly.

Bakugou clicks his tongue. "'A romance manga'." He rolled his eyes with his nose in the air.

"PUSH-UPS! ONE MINUTE!"

"I'm gonna die. I feel like I'm dying."

"You can't die from working out, Kaminari."

"Romance? Since when do you read romance mangas?" The two-toned asked.

Midoriya switched his position, along with the others, "Well, Uraraka talked non-stop about this manga she was reading... so I bought one for myself. Then she found me reading it then I guess... we talk about it now."