base paragraph 3

Irene was a strong person by nature, but WW2 made her even stronger. Every time she had a worry full even she used it to become even more potent. Even when she was in great danger Irene did not stop helping Jews that required it "'You must turn us in. This is too dangerous for you.'" (page 174, Gut Opdyke). Even words of disbelief in her will strength didn't stop Irene from doing what is right and what she knew she had to do. Irene has been one of the many strong individuals that changed history for the better. She was very driven to help others and that was her best power. Even when Irene wasn't helping Jews she was thinking of them and wishing them the best. "I had taken six people to the forest, and although they disappeared, they were never far from my thoughts" (page 150, Gut Opdyke). Irene helped many Jews escape certain death, she did this with no doubt in her heart while still knowing the consequences that could come. Irene has become an independent and strong woman through the much trauma she experienced because and during WW2. The outcome of her life didn't seem so great and maybe even impossible, but Irene got through them and it helped her be the hero she is.