Fangirl - Rainbow Rowell

Genre/Category: YA/NA Romance

Steam Caliber: Mild/Clean

POV: 3rd person perspective 

Summary:

Completely obsessed Baz and Simon fan, Cather Avery, along with her twin sister Wren are of to college. Cath is sad to leave her slightly crazy father, Art, and mostly spends her free time stuck in her dorm room eating snacks she bought with her because she's too scared to go the cafeteria on her own. Despite Wren and Cath being inseparable since birth Wren decided she had other ideas, parties, drinking and making a new image of herself, a Cath free image. Sad, alone and insecure she meets Levi...

My Opinion:

This book is great for a lighthearted relaxing read, with not too much drama or sharp agonizing twists. It's a beautiful book, with love, not just for each other, but for family. A deep intensifying look into college life from many different lives, the nerd, the drunk, the everyone's best friend. I really enjoyed this book, I felt like I could really connect with the main character Cath, and even after the book I could feel the characters live on in my mind, which it what I think you want from any book you read.

The characters held many personality's you can imagine bubble around in college. Rowell managed to keep up their characteristics so well you could almost forget you were reading a book and hearing a play.

This story was definitely a page turner. Once the first page entered my mind, I knew I had to finish it, and I did. I love those moments in 'Fangirl' when Cath was helping Levi study, she would read to him on her bed for hours. Those times when she read him her fanfiction felt so personal and sweet I could just grip the book and live in it's magical fantasy world.

There were always moments in Fangirl that kept me guessing, moments when she had to make hard decisions. I felt personally those moments were most interesting to read because she had a real determination for the choices she made. There were times, however that I can say I disliked. I disliked the times when she was negative about herself being able to write a book, rather than fan-fiction. I really thought Rowell might include what she had wrote for professor piper 'her advanced writing teacher', but then at the same time I'm glad to keep it to guess work.

This book, because of its friendly, happy tone and warm relationships is a great book for anyone really over the age of 12.

Other Opinions

Kristin: My favourite types of books are the ones that speak to you; directly to the reader. The ones that resonate so deeply within your psyche that you feel as though your actually learning things about yourself in the process.

That is exactly what I experienced while reading Fangirl. If you were to judge by the cover and blurb alone, you may think this story is nothing but a quirky, fun read about an interesting girl addicted to writing fanfic. But I persuade you to take a peek inside because it's really so much more. 

Lauren: Fangirl itself is a very happy, hopeful story: it's about college and new experiences, and how sometimes breaking out of your comfort shell can be a good thing. But what Fangirl doesn't do is say that you have to change. And I think that is really important. Cath is shy and a little different, but she is funny and intelligent and she has and interesting way of looking at the world. She doesn't have to give up on any part of herself in order to make friends or survive college, and you don't either. 

Actual Wattpadder, 'EmmasPie': It's a really lovely book, giving the reader a love story that isn't all drama and unrealistic things. The author really manages to depict what college life is like, what it's like growing up with an unstable family and just how that can effect behavior later on in life. As Wrens behavior becomes more uncontrollable, readers really get an insight into just how differently the girls have turned out. 10/10 for everything in this book, can't wait to read more of her work! 

Romance: 8/10

College life: 10/10

YA: 10/10

Characters: 9/10

Overall: 9/10 

Please like and comment below any book you would like me to review, or if you have an opinion please message me and I'll add it. :)