"That's what you are going to change tonight."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

As soon as the door opened and saw Luke standing there, her nerves went away.

"Hey... you look pretty," he said to her. "I don't recall the last time I saw you with a dress with flowers."

"Flynn and I went shopping. Can I come in?" She asked him and he nodded, stepping aside and letting her enter. "This place hasn't changed at all."

"No, I don't think it has. The bathroom upstairs does not work, do not ask why." He grabbed her jacket and put it on the entrance, following her inside to the living room. "I hope you like italian. Mom made pasta."

"I love pasta," she told him with a smile.

Suddenly, Mrs. Patterson enter the room holding some plates. Luke stood up to help her and quickly put them on the table, while Emily walked towards Peyton.

"Hello, Peyton," she said softly as Peyton stood up.

"Long time no see, Mrs. Patterson." She noticed how she said that with too much energy, so she cleared her throat. "I like what you did with the place."

"I haven't done anything to the place."

Peyton opened her eyes. "Right, uhm, it's great to see you again." She chuckled. "Remember when I was twelve and my dog Stacy jumped your fence—"

"And ruined the flowers, I recall." Good anecdote Peyton. "Why is she named Stacy?"

"Oh, because of that Fountains of Wayne song."

"Oh, the rock band, right. Well, I'll go look for the food."

As soon as she left towards the kitchen, Luke walked towards her while raising his eyebrows.

"You haven't even spent five minutes and you are already mentioning rock music? Bold, yet really risky."

"She asked!" Peyton sighed. "I'm nervous, I'm sorry."

"Just, don't mention the Fonda Theatre, I'll tell her." Peyton nodded, just in time to see Luke's dad entering the living room. "Hey, dad. Remember Peyton?"

"Oh right! Your friend!"

"She's my girlfriend now." Mr. Patterson nodded, giving her a tiny smile.

"Right, right. Luke, I got that replacement for your truck you asked for." Luke nodded. "You have to be careful next time you reach that speed. We can go place it now if you want."

"That'd be great." Mitch Patterson left through the front door. Luke quickly turned around to look at her.

"Was I the one that reached that speed? Does your dad hate me too?"

"Don't worry about the truck. Just stay here, and make small talk. Talk about Emily Dickinson!"

And with that, he left the same way his dad did. She let herself fall on the couch, playing with her feet as she awaited for Mrs. Patterson.