"No where." I lied.

Of course, she saw right through me, but I didn't want to tell her. Or anyone else for that matter. That moment felt too special to be shared, and I was glad she did not push.

"Hm, okay. So, are we going to eat some ice cream and watch Mean Girls just like old times, or...?"

I thought about it briefly. I didn't want to wallow in my own self pity as I sat idly watching a chick flick that I've watched a thousand times before. But that seemed to be the only option. Right?

Megan seemed to understand when I expressed this thought to her cause she asked, a devious smile on her face, "Or we could always just say fuck Knox and go clubbing?"

My eyes widened. I didn't expect that. "Go clubbing? Meg, it's Sunday."

"And so? It's still going to have a shitload of alcohol, loud music, and hot men to ogle which is just what you need to get your mind off that prissy, uppity bitch Darlene and her son."

I laughed before thinking. What was the harm? We were just going to have some fun, right?

"I guess so."

"Yes!" Megan hugged me. "I have just the outfit for you."

———

When Megan said 'outfit', I expected actual clothes. But these weren't clothes. They were more like the lingerie I designed than anything and I told her just that.

"Oh, stop being so dramatic." She waved her hand at me as she walked around her room looking for God knows what. "You look fucking hot, all the men in that club are not going to be able to take their eyes off you."

"Megan, I don't want guys looking at me. I'm going there with my friend to dance and drink an irresponsible amount of alcohol, nothing more nothing less."

"But why can't you look sexy while doing that?" She's seemed genuinely confused by my reaction and I started to wonder if I was overreacting afterall. It wasn't that I didn't like the sheer romper which had jewels covering my privates and every other place covered in a sheer black diaphanous material. It was more so that I wasn't sure how I was going to handle the male attention in this thing, especially if I'd be going without Knox.

Megan walked to me and put her hands around my waist. "Whatever you're thinking of, don't! You look great, and now all that's left is for you to feel great so go get your stuff and let's go get shitfaced, okay?"

I laughed softly before nodding.

We got to the club by past eleven pm and the place was thoroughly packed as we tried to make our way over to the bar through the throng of jam-packed bodies. The long trip between the entrance door and the bar had me starting to perspire and I attempted to use my hand to fan myself as we finally snagged ourselves some empty bar stools.

Megan reached into her bag and pulled out something before plugging it into her phone and handing it to me.

"Here you go," she said.

I looked at the device and realized that it was a small fan that was controlled by her phone and sending her a grateful look, I positioned it properly to fan myself.