『 C H A P T E R 19 : THEIR SECRETS 』

Start from the beginning

"Why??"

"Let's run together...."

"I don't want to hide..."

"Please don't leave me alone... Please don't go.."

"Mom, no....."

"I'm sorry..."

"What...?"

"Mom!!"

"MOMMMM!!!!"

"MOMMMMMM!!!"

Ireen jerked up, small shriek was heard as her body tensed in every possible way. Her palms were clenching the sheets and sweats were running wild down her face. Her breathing was erratic and her wildfire raging face betrayed the silence peace of the morning.

It was that dream. Again. It had happened again. One of her never ending nightmares. She knew what could be the trigger of it.

It must have been the storm earlier.

Those flashes of lightning. Those loud boom of thunder. Those sploshing footsteps in mud. Those darkness and heart clenching situation....

It was familiar. It was the same. Just like the past.

Ireen sighed.

That feelings... That feelings of being chased to be killed under such weather...

"I'm still shaken from it...." She mumbled as she eyed her shaking hands.

The past where she lost her mother. Under the stormy weather, under the loud cries of thunders, under the blinding white flash of lightning... She was still as helpless as her child self even today.

Ireen raked her fingers on her scalp, dragging them down from her forehead all the way back to her nape. And then the fingers rested there as she silently sat back, blowing few fringes away from her forehead while breathing in and out. The smell of medicine and herb lingered in the air but she didn't mind that.

She knew she is in an infirmary room judging from the rows of single beds aligned neatly in the room and the pristine white curtains sectioned to each of the bed forming a small cubicle-like room. At least it was quiet. She appreciated that.

"Hey, good morning."

Or not...

Ireen turned to face the occupant on the next bed.

"I think it's afternoon." She said after glancing at the window.

"About to... But yet to pass 12."

"Lynne-san. Your arm..." Ireen's voice trailed when she saw her arm was bandaged and sling.

"Ohh don't worry about this. Doctor said it was just a twist. Should be good in 4 days. But no pressure to it for the time being."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. We pushed you too far. We deserved it."