『 C H A P T E R 19 : THEIR SECRETS 』

Start from the beginning

His facade told it all. It wasn't a joke. He's truly going all out.

And his strength overpowered hers.

Ireen felt her eyes getting hot. The rain water slides down to her now uncloaked head, sipping into her mouth as she swallowed them.

"Then fight back. You are ordered to do so." Mike said as he pressed his blade even more to her neck.

Ireen suddenly swatted the blade away with her own as she pushed herself onto one foot. The blade in one hand was ready to strike and stab him when suddenly someone pulled her back by her cloak, eliciting a choking sound from her lips.

And everything suddenly seemed like slowing down.

She could see, a crystal clear, how a punch was slowly coming to her face as she was slowly falling backward. She could see each tiny droplets of rain dropping onto her face, along with the tingling sensation from each drop. And she could hear, the lone roaring of thunder from afar that flashed her view.

Random memories flooded in her eyes. And then something inside her snapped.

In a flash her eyes slithered and she grabbed the throwing hand. She twirled her body, grabbed the person's back neck before pushing them to the ground instead.

Lynne coughed from the impact. Her shock was replaced with a loud scream when Ireen pulled her hand out of nowhere, making a crack sound.

The sudden turn caused everyone wary. Gelgar was fast in his steps to unhand Lynne.

Seeing him approaching her Ireen grabbed a fist full of mud and threw it to the male. Gelgar turned to avoid it and Ireen took the opportunity to swing her knife to his face, that no one ever knew she had one kept in her boots. Eyes widened, Gelgar managed to interject with his blade but the force implied behind her hold was strong enough to send his blade flying.

A soft thud was heard as the blade buried into the soft muddy ground.

Gelgar lose focus and he couldn't keep with Ireen's coming attack, spluttering blood when Ireen's fist made contact with his jaw. He tumbled down and Henning came forward to grab her, but received a deadly strike of Ireen's palm right on his chest, knocking him backward.  

Ireen twirled, wet hair dancing along the rhythm, with hand pulling out another knife as she brought it down to strike Henning but thankfully, Mike stopped her. He caught both of her wrist, bringing them to the side to lock her movement but she won't stop struggling to break free.

"Ireen, time out! The test is over!" Mike screamed. He was alarmed by Ireen's stare, and he subsequently tightened his grip. It only caused the teen to trash more.

Nanaba, was quick to apprehend her from behind, wrapping her arms in between her armpits and pulled her backwards.

"Stop it, Ireen. The test is over." She spoke softly, yet sternly. "It's over, we are sorry for putting you in this state."

"Ireen..." Mike's eyes dropped when he saw her weakening.

The two watched her body went limping as it slumped down immediately, energy all drained as her eyes completely shut down. Nanaba shook her few times, yet she wasn't responding. If anything the only good sign was the fact that her chest still rising and falling.

The two veterans exchanged glances watching the recruit's exhaustion face. They stood in silence, conversing through eye contacts, that only the two know about. 

- - -

"No, I'm not leaving..."