Chapter 17

We step into the Nekoma house and Kuroo takes me up to his room.

"I'll go do my hair downstairs, okay?"

"Why not in here?"

"I-I.. uh.."

"C'mon, you're still shy around me, kitten?"

I look up to him. Yes, I'm still shy around him. Sure, I've sat on his lap a few times.. actually more than a few. But that's besides the point. I've never been so intimate with someone, not even the times I'd jokingly flirt around with Oikawa! I slowly nod, looking into Kuroo's hazel eyes.

"It's alright. Thanks for letting me know." He gives me a kiss on my forehead and heads into the bathroom. Thank god he understands. I head downstairs and to the main bathroom, since the ones upstairs are occupied.

As I'm finishing up my hair, someone knocks.

"One second!" I put my straightener down.

"There's a girl here!"

I can tell whose voice it is, so I open the door. Yamamoto gets on his knees and bows to the ground.

"Kanako!? I'm sorry!"

"It's okay, Yamamoto."

He gets up and looks at me with stars in his eyes.

"Did you need the bathroom?" I question.

"N-no! Yes! No, you can finish!"

"Don't worry! I'm finished already." I walk out the bathroom and slip past him, going back up to Kuroo's room. Knocking before going in.

"Come in."

He's buttoning a white shirt when I open the door, his belt's gold accent lightly shining. I look down to it and look back up to him with widened eyes.

"Tetsu."

He looks down and puts a hand over his boner and rushes out to the bathroom. I go downstairs and head to the living room to wait for him, sitting on the couch next to Kenma, the only other person ready.

"You know, Kuroo's been talking about you a lot, Kanako."

"Oh, has he?"

Kenma nods as he plays a game. "He's always saying how-"

Kuroo comes behind the couch and covers Kenma's mouth. "Kyanma! You said you wouldn't tell her!"

"Oops."

I lean over to Kenma's ear. "Tell me later."

Kenma nods and Kuroo walks in front of the couch. He towers over me while I'm seated.

"What?"

He squeezes between me and Kenma, causing Kenma to scoot all the way to the other end of the couch. Kuroo puts his head on mine, twirling a strand of my hair.

- Time Skip -

Dinner ends and everyone heads back to their respective houses to change into more comfortable clothes for the movie, brushing my hair down into a bun.

I head downstairs to see my brother sitting on the couch. "Hey, Ken-Chan!"

"Ko.. How's it going with Kuroo?"

"Really good, actually! I love being around him."

He nods. "You haven't done.. it, right?" He says in a teasing tone. My jaw drops and I hit his arm.

"Ken-Chan!! No! Ew, what the fuck!?"

"Good. I almost had a heart attack."

I narrow my eyes at him and slide my phone out of my pocket as I get a notification.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
surō

What are you wearing tonight?

just a white top and gray sweats
why?

Just wondering. See you soon, kitten.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hm. Okay. The other Aoba Johsai boys come downstairs and we head off to the building containing the theater. We're the second team to arrive, after none other than Nekoma.

"Ooh!" I exclaim as we walk in, revealing red, reclining chairs positioned in front of a large screen

"Ooh!" I exclaim as we walk in, revealing red, reclining chairs positioned in front of a large screen. The Nekoma players have already gotten into their picked seats. They turn their heads at the sound of our voices. A familiar bedhead gets up and walks towards me while the Aoba Johsai boys pick their seats. That's why he asked what I was wearing.

"We're matching!"

Kuroo nods, then holds my hand and brings me over to where he was sitting, I sit in the chair next to his.

Waiting for the others to arrive, I look at Kuroo, who's already gazing at me. "Tetsu."

"Nako."

"Are we at the stage that we say 'I love you'?" I whisper. I've never been in a relationship before Kuroo, so I don't really.. get how they work yet.. besides from what I've read in like- stories.

Kuroo replies by pulling me in for a soft kiss. I pull away before our lips touch.

"Answer my question first!"

"I know that I love you, Nako. It's normal to not be sure about love, though." He gives me a reassuring kiss on the cheek.

My eyes go from one of his to the other, back and forth a few times.

"I'm glad we're together, Kanako. Seriously." He keeps our conversation at a low volume.

"I am too. If I hadn't bumped into you on the plane, we wouldn't be where we are now.. If you would've told me earlier..!" My eyebrows raise.

He laughs. "Your brother was so intimidating."

"You're such a loser."

Kuroo sucks his teeth as Shiratorizawa enters the theater. I wave to Tendou as he's walking down the stairs. He sent Kuroo and I a wave as well and goes to the second row of seats. The other teams arrive and a member of the staff stands in front of the screen, probably making sure everything is ready.

"Hello! Welcome to Castaway Island's theater. Tonight's movie will be The Exorcist. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy! Popcorn, snacks, and drinks will be passed around shortly." The worker exits the theater and the lights dim. I crawl over the console separating the seats, into Kuroo's lap for extra comfort.