Valery - Chapter 6

chapter VI

Angel’s message makes my heart flutter and my cheeks flush pink. I throw my phone on the seat and stare out the window. The sky begins to turn lilac as we reach the front gates, “David can you park the limo in front of the house? I want to watch the sunrise.” He nods and parks.

I climb out and onto the top of the car. I bring my knees up to my chest and wrap my arms around them. The sun crawls into view and makes the sky burnt orange and pink. Tears escape my eyes and run down my cheek. The bright glowing semi circle soon becomes a blazing ball in the sky and I slide off the car to find both Blake and Angel watching from the front steps.

“Hey.” Is all I say as I pass between them to get to the house. I realise that they both haven’t changed from last night, they absently follow me as I make my way to the kitchen instead of my room. “Buongiorno Frank, mi puoi fare una colazione tradizionale italiana per me?” A traditional Italian breakfast is what I need right now. Frank’s eyes light up and he smiles a brilliant smile. He turns on Italian folk music on really loud and begins to sing along. I laugh and prop myself onto a bar stool in front of the preparation bar.

Angel and Blake sit on either side of me and ask me about what happened. I told them where I went and about my history with Sohan as well as the events of the night. Without anyone seeing, Angel places a hand on my thigh to comfort me but I push it away. Right now I just want to be eating alone so I can cry my eyes out. Actually no, I’m not going to cry Sohan is an asshole. And an idiot.

I sigh and drop my head hard onto the bar table, then I groan at the pain. We all sit in silence and listen to Frank prepare my breakfast. Soon enough a huge pot of Italian coffee with milk on the side, three coffee cups, fresh biscotti and brioche buns, sizzling Italian breakfast skewers and my favourite strawberries that have been dressed with lemon and sugar sit in front of us. My mouth starts to water as Franks bellows, “Buon Apetito!”

Frank scurries off happily as we dig into the food. The breakfast skewers are packed with sweet Italian sausage, peppers and onions and were grilled to perfection. The coffee is rich and strong but with a hint of milk perfectly coats my mouth with warmth. Angel, Blake and I – well mostly me – finish off all the food but the boys leaves the strawberries for me. I take the bowl with me as I head for my room. Blake and Angel finally leave me in peace so I decide to run myself a scorching hot bath.

I sit in the bath and eat my strawberries happily without a care in the world, after they are finished I just tilt my head back and zone out. For a while I lie perfectly still and feel the heat of the water relax my muscles and the tension disappear as I fall into sleep.

I open up my eyes to a gorgeous field full of white daisies. I look down to see that I’m in a simple white dress with white ribbon tied around my waist. The sky is the colour of blue topaz with little cotton balls of cloud and a bright sun; a perfect day. I begin to laugh freely and skip through the field; up ahead I see a small clearing in the middle of the field so I make my way there. I trip and giggle into the chest of.....

ANGEL! The dream me props myself on his chest and smiles brightly down to him. He’s in an open white shirt showing his golden body and white jeans. His eyes reflect the skies wonder and also shine with love. Ew! I try to control my dream self but fail epically; the sounds of birds and my laughter fill the dream until Angel says, “You have to play by my rules in my dreams.”

I jolted out of sleep and searched my bathroom for Angel. He’s probably in his room sleeping, “I’m going to kill him.”

I get out of the tub and change into some clean clothes. Then make my way to the library and get stuck into a book for the rest of the day. Three books later I look up to watch the sunset and the sky turn deep beautiful blue, stars burn the sky with brilliance and a crescent moon glows sweetly. I sigh happily and continue to stare out the window for a while. Thinking about my recent trip, I suddenly feel Egypt sick but also angry at both Nadia and Sohan. Especially Sohan.