Valery - Chapter 4

chapter IV

Too hungry to argue I walk over and attempt to stand strong, even though I’m almost six foot I feel small next to him. I roll my eyes and lean up and peck him on lips, but Angel has other ideas. The hand not holding the bag of blood holds my head in place and the other arm wraps around my waist. Without thinking I give in to the kiss and my body melds to his. I wrap my arms around his neck as he pulls me in closer. Our tongues tie together and the taste of Angel and blood fuse together on my taste buds.

I break off suddenly rip the bag out of his hand and slap him hard across the face. Player. “Bye lover” he circles his arms around my waist from behind as I am leaving, licks a line up my throat then releases me and walks towards his wardrobe. Before I get a peep show I make a run for it out the door and towards my room. I finish off the other bag of blood and get ready for the morning meeting.

As usual Angel makes a big entrance; it’s my second day here and my eyes almost pop out of my skull. The man is wearing my favourite colours, royal purple, black and crimson. The silk royal purple shirt fits him like a second skin with the top button undone and a loose crimson tie; his black slacks fit him perfectly as well. For the whole meeting my eyes constantly return to Angel, damn that man looks amazing in purple. After a while I start to get frustrated with myself, if I’m not looking at him or actually concentrating on the meeting I’m fucking daydreaming about him.

Fine, if he wants to play his game then game on bitch. After the meeting I take the car down Rodeo Drive. I shop for the tightest and sexiest business, party and casual wear, as well as fitness wear. Before leaving the house I found out that Angel’s favourite colours are gold and black so most of my clothes are those colours with some purple and crimson things too. I also purchase swimwear, jewellery, a great number of heels and a few new handbags.

Angel is going to have a heart attack.

***

I return from my shopping trip in the late afternoon, Rosa and David help me with the bags from the car. Blake checks up on me and thankfully likes most of the stuff I brought. “I hope you have a party dress in there because we’re having our annual Art gala. Be down in the ballroom at eight.” After Blake leaves I put on some gym clothes, snatch my iPod from my bedside table and make my way to the gym.

Angel is on one of treadmills, and surprisingly doesn’t notice. Oh wait, no I’m wrong. He takes a deep breath and his eyes lock onto me. He smiles a devious smile, “Hello lover.”

I roll my eyes and set up my iPod into the sound system, this time I feel calm as Skillet rocks out. Angel laughs at his treadmill and picks up his speed. I smirk and climb onto one next to him, and the games begin. I set it on a comfortable running speed and zone out.

Adrenaline pumps through my system and my fangs lower; damn it feels good to run. The beat of the music sinks into my pores and I pick up speed. I close my eyes and run, run from my worries and run into freedom.

I open my eyes and stare at my reflection off the windows; my body has gone into vampire mode. My fangs grow longer and my stomach begins to burn, sweat covers my body and the scent of Angel abuses my nose. I turn and realise Angel is in vampire mode too, we lock eyes for a moment. Pleasure radiates off Angel and sinks into my body; I shudder and snap back into life. I jump off the treadmill; I growl loudly and stalk towards the swimming pool. I can feel Angel following close behind me but I ignore him.