Treat You Better (June 17, 2002)

Im Nayeon & Choi Seungcheol

If killing wasn't only a sinful thing to do. Damn it, I already have killed that guy who has been hurting her, Im Nayeon. This passed few days, I can't sleep without even checking her window. If she's there, if she isn't crying because of that fucking guy. I sometimes climbed through her open window. And it's hurting me watching her cry through her dreams. I wanted to comfort her, but what can I do?

She hates me.

If she only knew how I used to tuck herself with her blanket. How I wiped her tears when she's having a nightmare, with her eyes closed. For how I kiss her forehead.

I'm foolishly inlove with her. I love her, but I can't tell her directly, because she's already owned by someone else. If she only knew, how painful it is loving her.

She hates me. Why? Because I'm once her bestfriend who would always object her relationship with Kyiwon. That fucking bastard. And did I mention once her bestfriend, that's because I'm not her friend anymore. In the first place, I don't wanna be her friend, call me selfish, but I want us to be more than that.

Staring at the stars of the night sky. Holding a can of soju, while leaning upon the wall of my veranda.

A bitter chuckle escaped from my lips, I slid my hands inside my pocket, grabbing my wallet out. Then as I opened that thing, a picture of the two of us appeared. It was the time we're celebrating our 14th friendsary or mainly our last friendsary. June 17, 2016. We've been friends since we were seven years old. I met her at the park on June 17,2002. I'll always remember that day.

"It's been four years of shutting me down, Im Nayeon. Four years of you being with that man."

I throw the can of soju which made a very loud noise all over the subdivision. But who cares? I just wanted to scream my feelings and besides, no one would be awake in this time of the night. 11:11. That's what my watch says.

I scoff, with pain lacing all over my voice. Fuck, I wanna get over this shit. However, I'm a fool in love.

"Are you happy with him? Isn't he hurting you?"

A sad smile escaped from my lips while staring intently at her face on that mere polaroid. Goddammit, I'm getting crazy over this matter. But can you blame me?

Can you blame me for being foolishly in love with her? Can you blame if I want her yet I can't make a move to make her mine?

Gently, I caress her face on that polaroid. I wish I can hold you just like before. I wish I can touch you just like before. I love you, Im Nayeon.

If only I can see those genuine smile on her face while she's with him, I can voluntarily let my feelings go. However, it's obvious that she isn't. I know her as much as she knows her self. I can say when is she happy or not.

Although, she'll always look at me with those blank and stoic emotion, I'm missing her. I hope she feels the same thing. I hope she isn't hating me that bad.

"Can you just let me be with my happiness?! Can you just stop acting like my dad?! For your information Seungcheol, I can chose what I want without your permission. Because you're nothing to me! I hate you!"

Funny, that I can memorize those last words she told me. I'm nothing to her. Not even her friend for sure. She exchange our ten years of friendship just becasue of a jerk.