That's the reason she wanted to have that talk with Jennie, to clear things out. Although she's not hoping for that talk to happen right away, she has no plans on prolonging it either. She just need more signs from Jennie before she pushes that talk to happen, and that's when she'll finally confess to her.

Having plans to call Jennie, Lisa checked the time on her phone:

12:07 am

Oh, I guess she's already sleeping.

She puffed her cheeks and blew air out. She pulled her bag straps over her shoulders as she walked towards the exit. There's an excitement that's quickly building up inside her on the thought that it'll be just a few hours from now before she goes to work.

I can't wait to see you, Jennie.

-----

Monday -- 7:11 am

What the ---

Jennie purposely went to the office early that day with the objective of putting her chocolate present before Lisa arrives --- or before anyone arrives and sees her. It never occurred to her that she'd be competing with a pile of wrapped gifts, cards, letters, and some tiny stuffed toys.

She bit her lip and stared at the chocolate on her hands.

Tsk. Will she even like this? It's so simple.

"Hey, good morning," said a voice who's entering the room.

Jennie's stomach flipped and her heart began to race. She knows that voice well enough to make her panic. She turned around and immediately hid the chocolate behind her back.

"L-lisa?"

And then there she is, the person Jennie has been longing to see since last week, standing in front of her, having that smirk on her face with one hand holding tight to the strap of her bag.

"Hey, 'sup? What are you doing here this early?" said Lisa.

"I, uh, I just put my reports on Kai's table." Jennie lied.

Lisa glanced at her wristwatch. "At this hour? It's only seven quarter, Jen. Can't that wait until 8 am?"

"Ummm,"

"By any chance, were you checking if I'm already in?"

Jennie rolled her eyes in defense. "Why would I?"

Lisa made a quote sign with her fingers and mimicked Jennie's way of talking. "You have no idea how badly I'm missing you now, Lisa..."

That immediately brought Jennie to embarrassment. She covered her blushing face with a hand and grunted. "Urgh, I hate you, Lisa, I hate you."

Lisa laughed. "I missed you too, big time."

"Not funny..." Jennie glared, still blushing.

"Hey, why is the baby still grumpy?" asked Lisa, walking over to her. She patted Jennie on the head. "You're so cute, are you even aware of that?"

Jennie pursed her mouth in attempt to repress a smile that badly wants to break free. Seeing Lisa now in front of her want to throw herself for a hug. "You haven't called me."

"Ah, yeah. My phone was dead. Lights were out for days because of the storm."

"You should have at least called me when you arrived yesterday."

"Were you.. waiting for my call?"

Jennie gave a slight nod for an answer. "I was up until 1 am."