Sacrifices

Krista watched Eren sleep peacefully    The boy laid on his back, his eyes closed and his hair drooping down to his eyebrows. She saw his lips slightly parted.
     He's kinda cute. The Scout thought. She sat on the cold hard floor with her knees to her chest. She was scared. It was only a matter of time before they took her. Eren had served his time at this point. Especially since he sacrificed himself for her.
     "I hope the others are doing okay," she whispered to herself. How was Sasha? Mikasa, Armin, all of them. They had to be okay. There was no other choice. They had been through everything. They would make it through this too.
     "Mikasa..." she heard Eren whisper. Krista shot her head up and looked at him. His eyes were still closed, and his breathing still steady. He was still asleep.
    The petite blonde girl felt a surge of jealousy. Why was he thinking of her? She shook her head and stomped out the thought quickly. Her mind wandered off.
     She stood up and walked around the cell. She walked up to the bars on the cell door and wrapped her hand around one. It was cold. Just as expected. Torches lined the stone halls that lead to all of the cells, and when she peaked her head out, she saw endless hallway cells in both directions. Yet not a single person.
     "Mikasa..." she heard again. She turned to look. He was still sleeping.
     She once again felt that jealousy. What was this? She hadn't ever been concerned about these types of things, let alone Eren's love interest. Who knows? Maybe he was dreaming about their childhood.
    Another spark of jealousy. She had no right to be jealous. Right? She didn't grow up with Eren. Mikasa did. It only made sense that she had dreamt of him.
    But she didn't get why she was jealous of that. She wasn't jealous of Armin. That was for sure. So why Mikasa?
-----------------------------------------------------------
     A few hours passed. And Eren was now awake. He paced the cell, obviously deep in thought. His hair was bedraggled, and he looked exhausted. Using his Titan abilities in anyway, including healing, drained him immensely.
      "Alright, Historia," Eren spoke up. "We have a pretty good map of the area, or at least I do because of how much they have dragged me out of here," the shifter grimaced.
     "I'm sorry..." she whispered. Yet it sounded so loud in the silent cell.
     His calm voice started again. "You have maybe ten seconds to run down that hall before I transform, when they open that door again," he explained.
     "Eren. I won't make it if you do that," she replied. She had no idea what to do.
     "Damn it, I know..." he replied.
     Except the transformation itself... rang in Eren's head. What could that mean? It made no sense. His father's voice echoed through the chambers of his troubled mind, merely causing more confusion within his head.
      He sat on the bed and put his head into his hands. The shifter let out a deep sigh and relaxed his body.
     He felt a weight let down onto the bed next to him. She sat near him, their thighs and shoulders touched.
     "It's okay, we'll make it through this. Together." She whispered to him, her hand pulled at his, and he looked up.
     His eyes met hers. And he saw a spark of something within her beautiful grey orbs. Something that he had seen in Mikasa's eyes.
     She intertwined her hand with his. "You've always gave your enemies absolute hell. And you will continue to do so until we get out of this," she comforted.
     He put his head on her shoulder. "I hope you're right," he muttered. And he closed his eyes.