"since when could you read her mind?" [name] asked ami, trying to joke and change the subject of the conversation from her and sugawara to makoto and ami.

ami shrugged, pressing her lips into a thin line. "i'm just the makoto whisperer, i guess," she played along with the joke, placing a hand with purple painted nails instead of her usual pink on umber skinned girl's shoulder. makoto laughed along lightly placing her cheek on the hand ami had on her shoulder. the two laughed away and playfully acted like an old married couple. [name] rolled her eyes and laughed along.

"they're always like this," she said to sugawara, bringing him into the conversation and leaning her head on his shoulder, looking up at his eyes with a soft smile. sugawara smiled back and chuckled lightly, giving her thigh a light squeeze. [name] sighed and pressed herself closer to him with a short laugh, forgetting about the other two at the table.

"hey, hey, hey! love birds!" makoto called out with a frown on her face, causing both sugawara and [name] to jump. [name] quickly lifted her head up from his shoulder. makoto had a long finger pointing at the two. [name] couldn't help but notice her nails painted purple too, the exact same shade as ami's... "we're still here, i don't want to see your love fest right now," she pouted, dropping her hand back on the table with a loud thud.

"speak for yourself," [name] nodded her head towards ami's pale hand still carefully placed on makoto's shoulder. taking her joke seriously, makoto and ami separated. [name] raised an eyebrow but quickly decided to leave her questions for another time.

"and besides, i think we're adorable," sugawara spoke up, wrapping his arms around [name] and squeezing her tight causing her to let out a small groan. "get used to the pda because i'm going nowhere!" he said loudly, pressing his lips on [name] cheek.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

once [name] and sugawara had finished school and made it to [name]'s house. sugawara decided to take the opportunity to show her the poster he found.

"hey check this out," sugawara smiled, pulling the piece of crumpled up paper from his pocket and held it towards [name]. she looked up from her homework and raised an eyebrow, eyeing the paper then giving sugawara a look. sugawara shook the paper at her, asking her to take it. hesitantly, [name] complied.

she sat up on her bed the two were lying on, leaning her back on the headboard. sugawara scooted closer and watched [name] scan the paper.  "i don't really get what you're showing me here," she chuckled, a bit awkwardly. sugawara leaned in and pointed a finger at the golden text of the poster.

"it's a film club," he explained the obvious. [name] hummed, indicating for him to continue. "you should join, they're looking for new members," he went on. [name] furrowed her brow and scrunched her nose. "what?" sugawara asked, he immediately knew she was thinking too hard about this thanks to her classic nose scrunch.

"i'm already in a club," she said, turning her head from the paper to face her boyfriend.

"not a club you like," sugawara replied, tapping her nose. [name] let out a loud sigh and sunk into the bed.

"you know i can't quit..." she mumbled, letting her fingers toy with the sleeves of her hoodie. "especially with your tournament coming up and my mum..."

"quit after the tournament," sugawara smiled, shifting to face her, putting his hands on her shoulders. "i'm sure makoto, ami and everyone will support your decision."

"but my mum—"  [name] began to protest.

"she'll support your decision too, you know she wants you live your life your way, rather than the way she wanted to live hers," sugawara butted in to reassure her. [name]'s features softened as he spoke.

"but i graduate this year and i've only got a few months of school left, is there really a point in doing this?" [name] sighed. sugawara jokingly rolled his eyes.

"don't be so negative!" he exclaimed with a large grin. he hit the top of her head with his fist, [name] groaned in pain and rubbed her head, even though it wasn't that hard of a hit. "i believe in you, [name]!" he yelled with a laugh, [name] laughed along, finally loosening up. she tried to place a hand on his mouth to stop him from shouting.

"sssh! you don't have to shout! there's other people in this neighbourhood, you know!" she giggled, wrestling with the sliver haired boy who was still yelling random words of encouragement.

"you're kinda funny you know that?" [name] laughed once she finally got a hand over his mouth and her laughter died down. sugawara smiled and raised his hand to pull down hers from his face.

"you think so?" he said, smirking and narrowing his eyes.

"in a weird sort of way, yeah," [name] smirked back, leaning in close.

"ouch!" he exclaimed, placing his hand on his forehead and falling backwards on the bed. [name] snorted at his actions.

sugawara laughed along with her before pouncing on her and grabbing her waist. [name] let out a small yelp in surprise as he pulled her down on top of him on the bed.

"that scared the shit out of me!" she spoke, lightly punching his chest. sugawara chuckled but said noting, placing both his hands on the sides of her face, pulling [name] in for a kiss. his lips lingered longer than they usually did when he kissed her. though, the two had only kissed a few times, so perhaps it was normal. his thumbs rubbed against both her cheeks, taking in her sweet scent and enjoying the tingling feeling he felt when kissing her.

[name]'s hands went from resting on sugawara's chest to placing on either side of his neck, deepening the kiss as much as she could. she felt sugawara smile when she tried to pull him closer to her, it felt like teasing in a way.

neither had much kissing experience, you could tell by the way [name] didn't know where to put her hands, they were always moving from place to place, from his hair to his hips to his neck. sugawara was just the same, he tried to act as confident as he could to impress her but in the end he was just as hopeless at kissing as any other inexperienced boy.

but even so, the two could silently agree that nothing in the world felt more right than them being together and it didn't matter who good of a kisser the other was.

[name] finally decided to pull away and let herself breathe but not before placing a short final perk on the corner of sugawara's mouth. he looked at her like she was the only star in the sky. sugawara truly believed he was the luckiest person to exist to have someone as prefect as [name] by his side.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

a longer chapter than usual for this week 🥰