07

☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚5.reason

❝i'll help you find your reason in life❞

i'll help you find your reason in life

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

sugawara was late that night.

it was unusual for her to care this much but
[name] was nervous, thinking that he had ditched because he was pissed at her for snapping at him last night.

it was getting late and the cheer captain couldn't stand there forever waiting for someone who wasn't coming. she pushed herself off the gate she had been leaning on and began to make her way home.

[name] was barely past the gate before she heard a familiar voice call her a name, just like the one that had called her first time they walked home together.

the girl turned around at the sound of his call. the sight of a grey haired boy running towards her came into view. his pace began to slow down as he got closer, until completely halting in front of her.

"[name], i'm so sorry!" sugawara said once he caught his breath, "i didn't notice how late my practice was running late and-"

"it's fine suga," the cheerleader interrupted. she had a small amused smirk on her face as she spoke. she wasn't angry that he was late at all, just happy that he hadn't left without her, so there wasn't much need for excuses.

once the two had some distance from the schools gate the [h/c] haired teen, after gathering the courage, decided to speak again, "i'm sorry for snapping at you yesterday..."

sugawara looked over the girl by his side. her eyes where looking right back into his. her expression was serious and she looked genuinely upset that she might have angered him the previous night.

"don't worry about it, it's fine," he said, flashing a reassuring smile at her. the girl's face softened at his words and let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding.

"i just don't want you to waste your life for your mom's benefit, i don't think it's right [name]," he said to the girl. [name] shut her eyes tight and let out a sigh.

"i know it's not exactly good but i want to," she replied, "there's nothing i plan to do with my life and when my mom found out i made the cheer team she was so happy, i think... i want it to stay like that..."

[name]'s eyes were squeezed shut for the whole time she explained herself. the thought of an unhappy mother must really distress her.

"won't she be happier if you're doing something you enjoy?" sugawara asked another question. he wasn't one to be nosy but he did want to fully understand why this girl did what she did because nothing [name] was saying made much sense to him.

"maybe but i know how much she loved cheer in highschool, it's my fault she couldn't do it her third year and not being able to do something you loved must really suck right?" she spoke.

"your fault?" he repeated, "what do you mean?"

"i thought it was obvious?" the cheer captain replied, "they kicked my mom off the team because she was pregnant with me."

[name] was the result of a teen pregnancy? that came as quite a shock to sugawara. the notorious cheerleader's background was turning out to be not what he and probably most of the student body expected.

there was always ridiculous rumours about the girl, usually about her living in a huge mansion hidden away, outside of miyagi prefecture, who was secretly born to famous fashion models or actors or something important and/or glamorous. the rumours were always strange and never made much sense but the reason why people made up and assumed about her was due to the lack of information they actually had on the pretty girl.

turns out, [name] wasn't like what people thought she was. she didn't have the amazing glamorous life people imagined she would have due to her looks.

"my dad was barely around so she didn't go to college and left school early, she didn't have a chance to live out her passions," the girl explained further, bringing sugawara back to reality and awakening him from his thoughts. "know it doesn't make sense but i want her to live her life through me and it's not like i want to do anything with my life so what do i have to lose?"

sugawara focused on the features of the face looking at him. he focused on how her lips curled into a frown and how her deep eyebrows we're furrowed.

anyone with eyes could clearly see how pretty she was and it was obvious she was smart too. [name] [lastname] could go far in life and probably do whatever she pleased but the girl had decided to cut herself short by convincing herself she had no ambition.

"there must be something want to do, you just haven't found it yet," the setter said to her, "i'll help you find your reason in life, [name]!"

he flashed a grin to the girl, who let out a small laughed at his statement.

"good luck with that suga."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

you all should check out my new book it's an iwaizumi x reader☺️✨✨✨✨
pretty please