The Golden Demi God and Jessica! The Hastings, Book 3

Chapter 14

Jessica after venturing to the little shop full of beautiful puff dresses with her female cousins she might have enjoyed all the primping and pampering a few months back before her fall from grace.

Back upstairs into her perfect world had come crashing fown. Jessica heard her grandmother she too will accompany them to the ball.

A fear so tight inside her chest Jessica thought she may die a thousand deaths before Claire brought her out of a spell like daze by saying "Don't worry you'll be belle of the ball annoying Alaska into shutting her mouth"

Biting her bottom lip Jessica felt worried but comforted by Claire's kind words in her ear.

Waiting for the right time, she must talk to her grandmother immediately about the upcoming ball.

Panic assailed her so twisting her hands in front before pushing ahead she must maker her grandmother understand her need to stay home tonight.

Knocking on the door Jessica went in knowing her grandparent would be alone. "My perfect granddaughter" said Victoria eyeing Jessica up and down amused by the intrusion.

"I need to speak to you about the ball Jessica said nervous."

"Oh yes" said Victoria "you'll all have a great deal of fun and maybe meet the many eligible bachelors tonight winking in her granddaughters direction."

Shaking her head Jessica was desperate to not go, "Grandmother I must say no to the ball tonight"

Lifting her head Victoria stopped what she was doing before replying carefully, "Jessica child you must go tonight I am sorry."

"No" Jessica said stubborn folding her arms across her chest defiant till the very end.

"Now I see why they sent you to me said Victoria equally stubborn"

"I'm affraid you will be going tonight" gazing straight into Jessica's aqua ones.

Opening her mouth to argue her point Victoria put a hand up "No Jessica don't argue with your grandmother I too am a stubborn woman."

"But...but...."

Smiling highly amused Victoria asked the servant to please move Jessica to her room and dress her for the ball.

Angry Jessica stormed off up the stairs slamming her door before slumping her body on the bed.

"I will not go", until Claire came by pleading ever so good "please come tonight."

"I detest Alaska and the others being the most popular."

"Pretty please Jessica?"

Claire started to pull funny faces at Jessica causing a big burst of Laughter out of her mouth.

They both giggled until worn out "Fine you win Claire for tonight I'll go but on one condition."

"What's that Claire asked bewildered?"

"We wreak hovak at the ball tonight."

"You my dearest cousin are bad" before giggling loudly.

"I think you're right Claire bear, I have turned bad wriggling her eyes brows up and down."

"Okay I must leave the servants will be hear fixing you up shortly Claire remarked leaving Jessica to her anxiety."

"Boo hoo what can go wrong at this ball?"

I know not one soul in this county admitting she was being daft avoiding people of this town.

In a few hours hell will break loose in the Devine house not because of James but with 6 girls needing to be dressed looking their absolute best tonight.