f or t y - s i x

Začít od začátku

"Coffee?" You shook your head.

"I'm not hungry." He sighed, turning it on for himself, pushing a cup in.

"Are you sure?" You nodded. "You have to eat something-- yogurt? Toast?"

"I'll have toast I guess." He nodded and headed to the toaster. "And a banana."

"I don't think we-- nope, no bananas." You frowned. "Uh, looks like we have no toast either."

"We didn't go shopping last week," you mumbled. He sighed, turning to you. "Do I have to eat oatmeal?"

"It's either that or-- cherry flavoured yogurt." You shook your head.

"I'll have oatmeal." He smiled and stretched his arms. "My head hurts." He sighed walking by you, a quick kiss on the head as he passed.

"I'll head to the store after work, okay?"

----

"You didn't even come get the door," he pouted, setting the bags and his keys on the counter. You turned from the couch.

"I'm sick."

"I don't think you are," he said, kissing your forehead.

"Oh gosh, Gray, I'm not pregnant." He chuckled as he began to stash the food he'd brought away. "I can help you," you said, getting up.

He smiled and stepped away. "I'll go shower and then get started on dinner." You nodded.

"Okay."

"Did you finish all of the soup from lunch?" You nodded with a small laugh as you opened the fridge.

"I got hungry." He smiled and you heard him head up the stairs.

You put away the rest of the food, getting to the bottom of the bag. You sighed, picking the box up just as the shower turned off upstairs.

You headed up with it and wait until Gray stepped out of the bathroom, towel around his waist. "Hi--" he stopped as you held up the box. "What?"

"Really?"

"Yes." You smiled, ripping the box. He sighed as he headed to the closet to change. "Are you gonna do it now?" You hummed.

"Might as well." He grunted and you headed to the bathroom, closing the door as you pulled one of the two tests inside out.

You took the test and decided to head out during the wait time. He was drying his hair with a towel. He smiled. "Done?"

"I haven't looked at it," you said. He smiled. "I'm scared."

"Why?" You shrugged as you rubbed your arms. He chuckled. "I thought you thought you aren't pregnant?"

"I don't feel pregnant," you explained. He smiled. "Should I go check?" He nodded.

"I'll come," he whispered, following you. You headed back to the bathroom, the pregnancy test facing down on the counter.

"Ready?" you asked. He nodded and you flipped it, eyes closed. "Do I open my eyes?" you asked, voice high and excited. You felt him turn you around and press his lips to yours. You let your eyes open and he hugged you tight.

"I told you," he whispered.

"I'll take it I'm positive then."

---

"Yeah, Elle," Gray whispered. She blinked up at you. You smiled as she pressed a hand to your stomach.

"Teeny baby?" You nodded.