14. Caleb

"When I imagined our reunion this was not how I pictured it," a voice I have longed to hear said making me look towards the door. And there he stood. As beautiful as ever. He had gotten taller but not tall enough, maybe an inch or two since the last time I saw him which was two years ago. His hair had gotten longer too but it suited him. It made him look at lot older yet younger at the same time if that made any sense. He had on an old football jersey of mine making me raise a brow and he rolled his eyes before walking in, "your mother gave it to me saying that you left it behind on your bed before you left for the UK."

I nodded and winced as my left side ached, "you've got to be careful, Caleb. You were stabbed not even an hour ago," he grumbled as he sat on the blue chair beside my hospital bed and I nodded.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Good, sore, but good. How are you?" I asked making him smile though I could see worry on his eyes, "if you're worried that I'd be upset about my dad being dead,don't be. He was an asshole. I didn't think he'd try to come after the kids with that James guy as his ally."

"Yes but he's still your father, Caleb. You should feel a little guilty specially for you mother," he said but I shook my head.

"I actually did her a favor by getting rid of him. She was miserable with him. They weren't true mates, Luca." I said making him widen his eyes, "shocking? I know. I've known about them not being true mates since I was 13 but never said anything," I shrugged my shoulders but instantly regretted it as a sharp pain shot through my shoulder making him stand up and was about to call for the pack doctor but I stopped him, "it's fine, don't need to fuss. I'll be fine by tonight."

"You-" he began to say but cut off by two voices yelling 'PAPA!' At top of their lungs and before Luca had the time to stop them, both Bella and Princeton launched themselves onto the bed crushing me into a hug making me gasp as pain shoot through my body from the wounds.

"Bella, Princeton!" Luca yelled along with former Alpha Bennett who ran into the room carrying two of the triplets.

"Fuck," I gasped under my breath when the kids were pulled off of me making me take a deep breath as the pain slowly began to fade thanks to Rexx who began the healing.

>don't be too hard on them or I'll hurt you from the inside< Rexx said making me roll my eyes.

>as if. I know they didn't mean it< I stated before closing the link between us and looked to see Luca chastising the kids.

"You two need to be careful with him. He's hurt" he stated making them look down.

"It's fine, don't be hard on them, Luca, I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt me" I said making them look over at me and I smiled, "though I would like for the two of you to be careful until I'm fully healed which won't be for a while, okay?"

"Okay, Papa," they replied in unison making Bennett blink in surprise at the name while I smiled and Luca sighed.

"You need to be careful too, Caleb. I know how you are and I can already tell that you'll be back on your feet training with the rest of the pack tomorrow and I will not allow it, you hear?" He said and I nodded raising my hands in the air and he narrowed his eyes, "I mean it."

"Okay, okay," I said and he nodded saying 'good'

A clearing of throat made us look towards Bennett to see him raising a brow at us which made Luca blush and look down at the floor while I scratched the back of my neck giving him a sheepish smile.

"Don't forget what you did before you left, Caleb. Dimitri and I would like to have a word with you, if that's alright with Luca of course," he said and I swallowed the lump in my throat.