Chapter 41

▶Lidia: "Ariel! Are you going?"
▶Ariel: "Of course she has invited me why won't I go?!"
▶Lidia: "What if it was a trick?!"
▶Ariel: "It's alright, I know why she asked to see me and I could guess how does she want me to react. " Ariel thought like any mistress who had an affair with the female lead character's husband, she will call the female lead out to make her jealous and show her evidence that she had an affair with the husband. Ariel saw that so many times in dramas so Ariel could guess what Carney is planning to do. Though Ariel said she knew everything, Ariel still couldn't believe that Kal would do that. In Ariel's heart, she wanted to do her best to save this marriage although it was a marriage she didn't want at first. Ariel did not want to regret opening her heart for Kal. Ariel did not want to believe that Kal would do that to her, the person who had sincere eyes and heart when he proposed and promised her a happy ending.
Ariel, Lidia, and Alix wore commoners' clothes. But no matter how much they try to look like commoners their visual couldn't be hidden.
Ariel, Lidia, and Alix headed to the place where Carney had asked Ariel to meet.
Lidia whispered to Alix.
▶Lidia: "Watch and see open your eyes this time." Alix didn't say anything. He had his usual expressionless face.
Once they arrived there Ariel spotted Carney right away. Carney wore a shiny dress which made her stand out, she wore a dress that wasn't at all suitable for the place.
▶Carney: "Ah! Sister! Sister! Here!" Said Carney with a friendly tone. Carney seemed to be in a good mood.
▶Lidia: "Huh!! She still has the face to call you sister!!"
Ariel, Lidia, and Alix walked towards Carney. Ariel sat in front of Carney, Lidia and Alix sat on the table which was beside Carney and Ariel's. Ariel looked at Carney with an expressionless face.
▶Ariel: "When did you come to the city? And where are you staying now?"
Carney chuckled.
▶Carney: "Oh~ my dear I didn't know that you have missed me that much. Omg!! Does it look like you have lost weight sister?! You should take care of yourself well, you Are now the crown princess. Sister~ don't sulk on me now~ I'm staying in my mansion now so you don't have to worry about me. I'm sorry for not informing you once I came to the city."
Lidia sneered.
▶Ariel: "Mansion?! You are staying in a mansion?! Do you have enough money?! Didn't you say that you just came to the city?!"
Carney laughed.
▶Carney: "umm... Happens that there was a kind gentleman, who had the heart to lend me lots of money. Our parents are moving there soon did you know that?! Hehe I'm so excited!!."
Ariel was so confused. Ariel looked at Alix but Alix was talking to Lidia.
▶Lidia: "Alix! What is going on?!!"
▶Alix: "... I forgot to tell you that I permitted Baron Miller and his family to come back. I agreed and permitted before you come to the residence and be here. I was so busy that I forgot." Lidia looked annoyed and ticked her tongue. Lidia nodded her head to Ariel to tell her that Alix had permitted. Carney didn't know-how Alix looked like because she never saw him. When Alix came to the mansion to threaten Baron Miller he stepped into Baron Miller's office right away and at that time Carney was still sleeping.
▶Ariel:"...Who's that generous gentleman who let you borrow that much money"
Carney chuckled.
▶Carney: "Even if I told you you won't know him. Let's just say, He helped me out of love and sympathy~ there is nothing to worry about." Carney turned to look at the menu book in her hand.
Ariel looked at Carney with cold eyes.
▶Ariel: "Then, where is your Mansion? Could take me to see?!"
Carney looked at Ariel with insolent and daring eyes. Then smiled.
▶Carney: "umm... I can't explain the way there and besides, the mansion is not done yet. Once it is all done I will invite you to our parents come." Carney made an excuse because she promised Kal that she won't let Ariel knows about their secret meeting and the mansion. However, she forgot that she mentioned the place in her letter.
▶Ariel: "I thought you were more daring than that. Usually, you would show off what you have the best. Like the new dresses and jewelry that my parents bought for you before the debutant. But now that you are staying in a mansion you won't show it to me! You have changed." Said with a cold and disgusted voice.
Carney smirked slightly.
▶Carney: "Ariel! I didn't change. I have been like this for a long time. Always having my way. That day I showed you my dresses and jewels, so you saw them, but now I don't want to show you, so now you can not see it. I have always been like that, having my way like that so you should get used to it by now." Said with a chuckle. Ariel glared at Carney.
▶Ariel: "Then what about the love letters you have been sending to Kal?! And convincing my parents that you have come to the city to talk to me about helping them return them back, but I refused your visit to see you when the truth I have never known about you coming to the city at all. Doing all that is that because you always want to have your way?! Or because you do want something else?!"
Carney looked at Ariel shamelessly.
▶Carney: "Then, what if I want it? Can you give it to me?! You don't have to answer. Because if I really want something, even if you won't give it to me, I will take it" Carney glared at Ariel and then smirked.
▶Carney: "As for love letters you are talking about, And my reason for coming to the city... I have no excuse for that... Because it's the truth."
Lidia was furious she looked like she could jump at any time and kill Carney with her hands. Alix kept watching and listening silently. He couldn't understand himself anymore of why he had that idea right away about Ariel. After seeing Carney closely he thought that 2 slaps weren't enough.
▶Carney: "Ariel!! The reason why I have been doing all that is for survival. And I really survived. So it means what I did was the right thing to do. To tell you the truth I wanted to tell you all that by myself, hehe, but since you know already there is no fun left now. " Carney laughed happily then recalled something.
▶Carney: "However, there is one thing you don't know~~"
Ariel clenched her dress.
▶Ariel: "What else?!"
Carney took out a cravat and a man's wedding ring on the table and smirked at Ariel.
▶Carney: "Prince Kal's Cravat and wedding ring "
Ariel clenched her teeth and dress trying to control herself.
▶Carney: "Please give it back to Kal Oh! I mean Prince Kal"
Ariel reached for the cravat and the wedding ring.
▶Carney: "umm that day I was buying some needs and I bumped into Prince Kal by accident and I don't know how but these things were misplaced in my bag. So I found it happens to be with me. Once I found it I thought of returning it to you right away"
Ariel was about to cry but she held herself.
Ariel knew everything that will happen and all that. But she didn't expect that she would get this hurt she didn't know that it would be this painful.
▶Ariel: "Aside from these two, is there anything else misplaced with you?! "
Carney smirked at Ariel then chuckled.
▶Carney: "I don't know, that's all I saw~. But if there is more than this I will tell you... But~ If I want it, I won't return it for sure."
Ariel clenched her hand hard that she scratched her balm. Carney smirked and glared at Ariel. Carney stood up from her seat and left the place proudly.