Chapter 3

Winwin instantly regretted his choice as he saw Lihua barge into their training session that morning, walking straight up to Kun.

"What is she doing now?" Yuta muttered beside him.

"No idea." Winwin said, focusing on his fighting stance instead.

Word had quickly spread that Kun would be the new General with General Zhang's retirement. Lihua was not the first warrior that had approached Kun on the now open commander position, but she was indeed the first and only female.

"She needs to get over it." Yuta continued, mirroring Winwin's movements. "If she thinks she could be a commander, then she must be losing her mind."

Winwin stayed quiet, thinking about the whole situation. Kun was known for believing in giving the position to whoever deserved it the most, not really caring about the rules. That was how females were allowed to become warriors in the first place.

Would he give the position to Lihua?

...

"I'm going to tell you the same thing I told the other people that came in here." Kun said, putting his fighting stick into his position.

Lihua gulped as she saw the look on Kun's face, knowing the male well enough to know that his patience was running thin.

"And this applies to everyone else as well." Kun boomed, making sure the warriors standing at the edge of the training area, waiting for Lihua to finish before approaching Kun, heard him loud and clear.

"We will be running a competition for the open commander position instead of the Warrior Games next weekend. If you're interested, you can compete there. Now you should all go train instead of interrupting our training, otherwise, you will all be knocked out in the first round." Kun told them.

"Wait, so you'll let me compete?" Lihua asked the male. She heard a hush go over the training area, everyone eager to hear what Kun had to say.

Kun sighed, running his fingers through his hair before getting out of his fighting stance to stand straight, resting his hands on the top of his fighting stick as he dug it into the ground.

"Yes, I'll let you compete, Lihua. But remember, competing is one thing, winning is another."

The corners of Lihua's ears rose to her ears as she shot her hands up in the air, cheering.

"Woohoo! I'll show you all!" Lihua cried before giving Kun a hug. "Thanks gege!"

"Zhang Lihua, let go of me right now!" Kun demanded and Lihua instantly stepped back, giving the new General a bow.

"Sorry, got excited." Lihua told him.

"Please leave now." Kun said and Lihua nodded, making her way to an exit.

"Now I need to shove this in Renjun's face." Lihua told herself as she ran towards the medical building where she knew Renjun and Taeil would be.

...

"Kun-ge, are your sure that it's a good idea to let Lihua compete?" Lucas asked as the remaining commanders sat around the table, enjoying their lunch break.

Most of the commanders had returned to their squadons around the Amber Kingdom, with the exception of those who were based at the palace. Those were also the commanders that were closest to Winwin.

Jaehyun sat with them too, right beside Winwin. Judging by the way he leaned forward, it was clear that he was interested in Kun's answer as well.

"I don't see why not." Kun answered, not bothered at all as he spooned some rice into his mouth. "She needs to win in order to get the position anyways."