Chapter 10: False Negative

Start from the beginning

I turn on YouTube, flipping through multiple videos before stopping at a random makeup video. I let it play in the background as I close my eyes, letting myself fall asleep.

***

I get on Colby's car, buckling myself as he leaves the school. I plug my phone into the aux, turning on my album. Colby doesn't mind when we listen to my music.

"Have you been feeling better?" He asks me. Lately I've been sick with a stomach bug. It's lasted for a week now, but yesterday was the first day I didn't get sick.

"Yeah, I've felt fine since yesterday," I tell him.

"I'm about to turn on the heat, you can take your sweatshirt off if you want." He tells me. I shake my head, "I'm okay," I lie. I just have to pretend like I'm cold for the next week.

"You sure?" His eyebrows furrow. "Yeah," I smile.

We pull into my driveway. I grab my bag from his back seat and get out, unlocking the front door quickly. He enters behind me, locking it behind us. 

"Does your mom know I'm here?" He asks me.

"No, she barely ever knows when I'm here." I laugh. I walk into the kitchen, grabbing both me and him a water. I then begin to walk to my room. He follows me after putting his bag beside our front door.

I lay on my bed, grabbing the remote form my table.

"What do you want to watch?" I ask him.

"I don't really care, whatever you want." He shrugs, laying next to me. "Or maybe, we don't have to watch anything." He smirks at me. I roll my eyes as my cheeks heat up. His hand travels don't my leg, his lips connected soft kisses along my neck.

"Colby," I laugh, pushing him away softly. He frowns and kisses me again, on my cheek. I can feel my my core become hot, a witness pooling in my panties. I ignore it. I know I can't do it.

"I can see you clenching your thighs, Katelyn," he chuckles beside me. His hand stops right on my bikini line, his finger tips barely touch my lips. "But if you say so," he pulls away. I let out an audible, frustrated sigh. I can see him glance at me in the corner of my eye. I smile and turn around, climbing onto him. He smiles up at me as I grind my hips on him slowly.

"You lied to me," he laughs, "tsk, tsk, tsk," he moves his finger to his words.

"Just shut up and kiss me," I laugh, leaning down to his face. His hands place themselves on my hips, pushing me onto his member harder. I moan into his mouth from the pleasure. One of his hands go into my leggings, cupping my ass.

He flips us over, pulling my leggings off my waist. I spread my legs, letting his have access to my pussy. He smiles at me, his fingers move my panties to the side, then runs up and down my lips. I moan and close my eyes. He sucks on his finger before pushing it inside me. "Fuck," I moan quietly. He leans down, pulling my shirt up before beginning to suck on my nipple. I moan louder as his thumb begins rubbing my clit.

He kisses up my chest, then onto my face before he starts kissing my lips again. "Take your sweatshirt off," he instructs.

My eyes open and I stop, a small panic runs through me. "I can't," I tell him. His touch leaves me as he looks at me with a confused look.

"Did I do something? I-I'm sorry," he backs away from me. I lean up, shaking my head.

"No, it's not you, I just can't take it off." I frown. He looks away from me and gets up, sitting on the bottom of my bed.

I groan and put my underwear back on. "Colby, I promise you didn't do anything. I just don't want you to see-"

"It's okay. You don't have to be insecure, Kat. You know I like you, you know I like your body," he tells me softly.

"It's not that," I shake my head. "Colby, I don't want you to think I'm a freak."

"You're not a freak," he rolls his eyes, "what's wrong?"

I bite my lip while I look at him. I don't want to tell him. He's going to freak out and be upset with me. Then he could tell Ethan, or my mom. Imani doesn't even know about it. Nobody does. I look down at my shirt sleeve, I mess with it for a moment before I start to pull it up

"Katelyn," he says quietly as the cuts start to show. He comes closer to me, taking my hand as he stakes down. My eyes water as his thumb runs over them. "Why?" He looks up at me. I shrug, pulling away from him and putting the sleeve back down.

"I'm fine, Colby. Don't worry, okay?" I reassure him.

"You're not fine, Katelyn, that's not okay. Why would you hurt yourself?" His hand goes to my face, putting my hair behind my cheek.

"Just forget it." I tell him. "Let's just a watch a movie." I move away and grab the remote again.

"You need to talk about it," he tells me. "What did you do it with? A knife, razor? I don't care what it is, just give it to me so I can throw it away." I roll my eyes angrily, "I know you're just trying to help, but seriously, stop. Nobody can help me."

He groans and gets up, going into my bathroom. I hear him open and shut drawers as he looks throw my things. "Colby, stop," I get up and follow him.

"Not until I find it." He continues to look under my sink. He throws out different boxes. One being the left over pregnancy test.

I grab it, looking at the box. Could I be pregnant? I know I got my period but I've been so sick recently and just, off?

"Is this it?" He holds up my face razor. I break away from the box and grab it from his hand. "No, I shave my ladystache with it." I roll my eyes. Again, a lie.

He notices that I'm holding the box, and points to it, "Why do you still have that?" He ask me.

"I don't know, it was just under the sink. I forgot I had it honestly." I throw it back under the sink.

"You got your period, didn't you?" He asks me.

"Y-yeah, I mean a little bit."

"A little bit?" He asks.

"I mean I bled for like two days really light." I tell him. He glances back down at the box, then to me again. "A-are you sure?" He asks again.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll just take it, okay?" I use this as an excuse to get off the subject of my cuts. At least his mind will be to that instead of my wrist. "Just wait outside." I tell him. He nods and leaves the bathroom. I shut the door behind him and lock it.

I clean up the mess he made before finally taking the test. I leave it out the counter and open the door. "Go look if you want, but it's negative."

He doesn't say anything, instead he just walks pass me. "Katelyn?" He says. I turn around, my eyebrows raised. "You're pregnant."