Chapter 26 | Red Carpet: Part Two

Start from the beginning

"So they're the big fish."

"Yeah, they are."

That explains it. A huge guy with buzzed red hair and icy blue eyes, the bodyguard I'm guessing, moves everyone back as they try to go for more pictures and autographs. The boxers are talking to each other, either ignoring the rest of us or just genuinely caught up in their own world. The sight of them is like crack. I literally can't look away.

It doesn't help that they head for our direction. Holden and I watch as they all take their seats at the table next to us. I know I don't exactly watch boxing or know these guys as much as their fans but man, their presence is intimidating. I'm trying hard not to fangirl.

"Talk to them," I instruct Holden under my breath.

His brows pull in. "What for?"

"I don't know! I kind of want to talk to Asher Pryce, bring up how Dad treated his bullet wound three years ago."

"That was your dad?"

"Yeah. I kind of want to get a picture for him. Pretty please?"

Holden sighs and glances over at them. It's hard not to laugh. He's always the tough guy in the room but even he appears nervous around the boxers. They're definitely as serious as the world makes them out to be.

"Hey," Holden calls, voice serious and confident. The men and their dates turn to him immediately. Okay, he's definitely still rocking his tough act. "My apologies if I've interrupted. I'm—"

"Holden Rey," One of the guys interjects. He's the one who was grinning earlier and he's still going strong. This is one happy dude. "You're the man, bro. I saw you on last year's Forbes 30 under 30 for Sports. If Coach wasn't so goddamn in love with me, I'd have you represent me too."

"Shut up, Cameron," the one with green eyes rolls them. "Coach would hand you over like sloppy seconds."

"Jealousy looks good on you, Cage. Rawr."

The guy I now recognize as Jaxon Cage looks horrified. "Did he just fucking rawr me?"

I stifle a laugh. You wouldn't think these guys are funny just by looking at them. They look like they break people for fun.

"It's because he loves you," the woman who I'm assuming is Jaxon's wife grins. "He's always been my competition."

Cameron winks at her. "Love you, Em."

"You guys need to work on your manners," the kinder one shakes his head. He's all dreamy brown eyes and hair and a twinkly smile. "Nice to meet you. I'm Nate."

"Hunter," Holden finishes for him. "Saw your match last week. Knockout in the first round. Impressive."

"Appreciate it." He throws his arms around a stunning and quiet blonde who smiles shyly at me when our eyes meet.

Asher points to me. "Why do you look familiar?"

All ten eyes turn to me and I blank out. Woah. Hot people staring at you, Sierra. Don't look like an idiot now. Holden smiles in amusement when I clear my throat and attempt to act normal.