Chaper 1 - Unexpected

Chapter one 1- Unexpected

Ahrianna's POV-

I just love running through the forest, as fast as I can. It so thrilling, being able to see every single beautiful detail that the earthy green forest has to offer. From the emerald greenness off the leaves with the spines embezzled on each and every one, or the dark rich brownness of the tree trunks with the crawling bugs. I could see it all. Even though I am running at about 170mph. 'That isn't even the fastest I can go!' I thought to my self laughing.

Taking a deep death I slowed my heart rate down, catching the scent of the earthy trees and the moisty ground beneath my feet. I continue taking in different scents, distinguishing them, finding the one I'm actually after. 'Got it' I think to myself. Suddenly i have changed my direction, my body and instincts have taken over, it is no long Ahrianna controlling my body, it is the vampire in me.

The scent that has caught in my nose that's makes my throat burn fiercer and more unbearable by the second is that of a grown male elk, all I can think about is sinking my teeth straight in to its neck and drink until my urges have been satisfied, but I know one elk will make little difference to the burn in my throat that has been left unattended for a few weeks now. Running nearly to my max speed now, almost reaching my prey I catch a scent of something very strange. Anyway, I put that to the back of my head to look in to it later, right now I'm hunting and very very thirsty.

Once I caught my prey and another two smaller elk close by i drink them bone dry and then the burn in my throat is tameable.

I decide to turn the back the way I had come from, to see if I could pick the the scent from earlier, I must admit I am very much intrigued as to what made that scent, it smelt like lilies, you wouldn't find them in a forest. I found the spot quite easily, I just followed my scent trail that I had just left hunting. I came across the scent and cautiously followed it, it lead my into a clearing in the woods, about the size of a football pitch. This place had so much beauty to it, the flowers where purple and lilac, the grass swaying in the wind, the trees all the way around made it look like they were walls protecting this little piece of heaven, also the fact the sun is actually shinning through the clouds just makes it look even more perfect.

Entering the perfect little clearing, making sure no one is around to see my abnormal sparkly skin, the scent I followed here had just disappeared just close to where I had broke through from the forest. The grass was up to my waist swaying in the wind, the sun almost felt warm shining on my unnaturally cold skin.

"This is perfect" I said aloud with a smile on my face, not really sure why I did. I then giggled for talking to myself. Silly Ahria.

"It is, isn't it" came a cruel menacing voice from behind me.

My heart skipped a beat and as quickly as the words where uttered I had spun around to face the person who had said them. But I was not quick enough. A female had tackled me to the ground, I could not move because she was way to strong! I screamed as loud as I could.

"Get off!" I screeched.

"Someone help me" I pleaded. But I knew no one would. They never do.

Taking a few last blinks I could see her staring at me with blood dripping from her mouth. She gave me an evil smile and then she was gone. I can feel the blood oozing from my open wound on my neck, the pain in my leg was excruciating, 'probably broken' I thought to myself just before every thing went black.