-Steve: Soaring high-

(Hey, a warning, this story does talk about death, if you are triggered quickly by death, I wouldn't recommend reading, or, read at your risk)

-Leah's POV-

It was a cold night. The nights I hated. It was a cold winter night. But it wasn't the air that was making me cold; I had chills, my head was spinning, my head felt like it was going to combust out of my head. I was walking on the sidewalk barely able to keep standing straight. One thing was keeping me going, Steve. I needed to get to Steve. I turned a corner to see the Curtis house in all of its glory. I felt like I was running but I wasn't moving fast enough. I finally got to the gate. I fumbled with the latch and pushed the gate open. I dragged myself up the stairs until I got to the door. I felt like crap. I managed to get the door opened and stumbled into the house. As I collapse onto the ground in pain, I saw all 5 pairs of eyes land on me.

"Holy crap, Leah, are you ok?!" I heard Darry's voice said getting up from his chair.

"Where is Steve?!? Get Steve," I said starting to hyperventilate, trying to get air in my lungs.

"Steve!! Get in here!" Sodas voice said getting up and coming to my side. I heard footsteps coming from the kitchen, I couldn't look up, I was in so much pain.

"Oh my word, Leah!" Steve screamed kneeling down to me and lifting my head up. The sadness in my eyes made me start tearing up. I hated seeing him look like that. I tried to stand up, but Steve pulled me down.

"Leah, you aren't well, please let me help you," Steve said gently trying to put me back on the floor.

"N-n-no," I spurted out, "let m-m-me ge-t up"

"If you wanna get up let me help you," all of a sudden, all of my energy came back, I ran into the bathroom and closed the door. I collapsed next to the toilet and threw up. I heard the door open and saw Steve with that sad look in his eyes again.

"What is wrong with me," I cried out.

"Leah..." he said helping me hold my hair back. Soon the cold sweat took over, I was shaking like crazy. My body was in full control, I practically fell onto the floor and felt my eyes roll into the back of my head. I couldn't respond to anyone, but I could hear everyone.

"Darry! Call the ambulance!" Steve screamed. I could feel him kneeling down next to me holding my head. A few minutes and I felt Steve pick me up. He took me throughout the house and the cold air hit me like bricks. We hopped into an ambulance. The sirens ringing in my ears like an annoying bell. I heard some people putting some fluid into my arm, but I couldn't feel it, my one side of my body was numb. I tried opening my eyes, but I couldn't. After a while, we arrived at the hospital. I couldn't hear the doctors push me into the hospital. I didn't know where Steve was, but all I needed was him. I was put into an X-ray machine and I got many many tests ran on me. After all the test were done I was starting to open my eyes. I opened them to be in a hospital room. Steve was next to me with his head in his hands, and Soda conferring him.

"Steve..." I managed to whisper out. More of my body was numb.

"Leah," he said looking up. He looked a mess.

I tried talking but I just couldn't. Steve was just looking over me with the saddest eyes I have ever seen. Then a doctor walked in the room. He gestured to Steve to talk to him outside. Once he left, Soda looked at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I shook my head in disbelief. Soda just sighed. After a few minutes the doctor came back into the room and whispered something to Soda. Soda looked shocked as he looked from me to the doctor. Soda ran out of the room and I was left with the doctor. He turned to me.

"Leah, we got your test results back, I'm sorry to say, but you have Brain Cancer,"

The amount of pain I went through from the past hours couldn't match the feeling of my heart being broken.

"You should have came sooner to us, you aren't in the best shape, we are trying everything we can," he said. After a few more things, he left and Steve ran back into the room. I was blubbering like a baby. I felt Steve's big arms wrap around me tightly. I was sobbing. Every cry made my body hurt.

"Steve..." I whispered into his ear.

"Yes, love"

"I don't wanna die," I sobbed.

"You aren't dying, not on my watch," he said pulling away from me and pushing my hair out of my face.

———————

I woke up and felt better than I ever have been. I felt like I could climb a mountain. I looked around the hospital room and saw the whole gang.

"Guys! I feel-"

I was interrupted by Steve's sobs, "First Johnny and Dallas,"

"Steve," I said getting off of the hospital bed and walking to him. I reached to grab his face but my hands went through him like air. I was so shocked I jumped back. I also went through the bed.

"Soda..." I said waving my hand in front of his face. He didn't even blink. I turned around to see me. I was on the bed. I looked cold and emotion less. I looked, Dead. Dead. I went to a mirror near my bed. I looked flawless. I looked how I felt, warm, bubbly, and healthy. I looked at the doorway. I saw Dallas and Johnny at the doorway, behind them was the brightest light.

"You ready?" Dallas asked extending his hand for me to take. I was about to take it when I turned back to see Steve. I kneeled down and gave him a kiss on the cheek. I obviously went right through him, but it was better than nothing. I turned back to Dallas and Johnny.

"Yea, yes I am ready,"

I took Johnny and Dallas' hand and walked into a bright light.