Domestic Discontent

Trace

When I lived with Adam in college, I thought he was fairly obnoxious. I see now, if I had lived with Leed, it would have broken up the band before it even got started.

Three weeks ago, Leed and Ashlynn plus their kids joined Kat and I at the band house in Atlanta, which is right beside Kat and Ash's parent's house. Over the years, Leed and I have shared buses, bongs, and even the occasional fangirl, but we've never shared a roof over our heads for this long before.

It's not going well.

Leed is messy. Leed is loud.

Leed sheds.

I'm not fucking kidding. I woke up this morning with a long red hair in my mouth. When I demanded to know if Leed had been in our bed while I've been down in the studio, Kat laughed nervously, called me ridiculous, and said it had to be her hair, not Leed's.

She's lying. I held it up to the light. It was definitely redder than Kat's hair. The girls have been taking naps with their Aunt Kat on days that Ashlynn is doing stuff for their mom, but Lyra has blond hair and Lucy's is black. I figure Leed thought the naps looked appealing and had no qualms about piling in with my woman and his babies. Honestly at this point, I don't even care to know how his hair got in our bed.

Because right now? I have a new beef with Leed.

He's doing naked water yoga in the pool.

I'm watching him in disbelief from the outdoor living space, wishing I had put a slug of whiskey in my coffee. I sip the black stuff with more irritation than pleasure.

"Yo, Nature Boy," I call sarcastically.

He ignores me and extends his left leg behind him, grabbing his foot and leaning forward, his other arm extended, his face tilted to the rising sun. Then he sort of pivots, rotating his hips and leg so that it's lifted straight up by his side.

Damn, he's flexible. Back in the day, I sexed a lot of dancers in LA, and none of them had range of motion like that.

The water is crystal clear and he's also now giving me a full frontal show.

I groan. "Dude. Dick before breakfast? I can't even."

He sighs in irritation, dives backwards, cuts a flip and pulls himself out of the pool right in front of me.

"Toss me that towel?" he says casually as he wrings out his hair.

I hurl it at him. "You know Lucy and Lyra are up, right?"

"So?"

"So," I gesture at him as he wraps the towel around himself.

He rolls his eyes at me. "They know what naked bodies look like, Trace. When you have kids, you'll understand. They are always busting in on a shower or whatever."

"Whatever?" I raise my eyebrows. Surely Leed and Ash lock their door for sexy times.

"You know. While you are being waxed by your in-home technician or photographed strategically nude for a magazine cover in your yoga studio or whatever."

I run a hand over my face. Jesus Christ. I know I'm a rock star, too, but Leed has lost all perspective of keepin' it real.

And here comes his biggest enabler, my sister-sin-law, Ashlynn.

Her hair is up in a messy bun and she beams at Leed like he's her god as she holds out a pair of athletic shorts for him. She waits with a mug of stinky tea while he pulls them on beneath his towel.