eleven | blue bruise baby

Start from the beginning

"You do that, babe."

***

Harry, by the time Malfoy found him, was even less in the mood than usual to act as a venting board for the other boy's problems, having just had an argument with Neville of all people.

"I just expected better of you, Harry," Neville had told him that morning in Charms when the topic of Malfoy came up.

"Expected better of me how?" Harry had demanded, though he already knew where this was going.

Neville blushed, but raised his chin bravely to meet Harry's irritable green eyes. "Well, better than to fancy Malfoy. I know he's attractive, but I thought you were smart enough to see past that."

"I can't exactly help it, Neville," Harry snapped. "I'm not having an amazing time of it, either - if you hadn't noticed, he bullies me senseless every day and this is the best ammunition of his life."

Neville worried away at his lip. "Fine, forget I said anything," he said after an awkward while, and Harry shot him an unkind glare.

"Don't worry, I will."

He knew Neville didn't mean any harm, but nevertheless Harry was getting really sick of the judgement from the other Gryffindors which he'd been subjected to since the rumour about him and Malfoy had spread. Abuse and mocking from Slytherins was fine, he'd expected that. But Harry had even experienced cold shoulders from Hufflepuffs over this incident as well as from people he considered his friends, and that really stung.

And it didn't help that Malfoy was so incessantly malicious about the whole thing.

Speak of the Devil, he thought as the blonde boy swung round the corner into view, smirking as always.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry asked, steeling himself for an insult.

"I just wondered why you looked so upset, that was all," Malfoy replied innocently. "Were you thinking about how you aren't on the Quidditch team any more, which is hilarious, or was it about how you're going to die alone because no one will ever fancy you back, which is funnier?"

"Believe it or not, neither of those things. It wasn't even about you," Harry lied coldly. "Not everything is."

"Shut up, Potter," the other boy sneered, but for once Harry was unfazed.

"What are you going to do, Malfoy?" he asked, confrontation heavy in his tone. "Kiss me again?"

Harry watched with self-righteous amusement as the boy began to turn red with indignation - he knew he couldn't deny the implications.

"Are you going to kiss me, Malfoy?" he pressed again. It was glorious to be in control, to watch Malfoy fidget uncomfortably for a change. "You going to put your tongue in my mouth again?"

"Potter, you know exactly why I did that-"

"I don't care," Harry beamed. "I still loved every second of it. How does that make you feel? I thought about it later, too-"

"Shut up, shut up!" Malfoy seemed almost panicked. He glanced around; people were milling to and from classes and could easily hear the conversation. The pair of them were certainly drawing at least a couple of glances already, which was mortifying.

"Had enough?" Harry simpered sarcastically. "This a bit much for you?"

"You're going to regret this, Potter," Malfoy glared. He wiped his sweaty palms on his thighs and glanced furtively around again. Great, more people were watching now.

"How are you going to make sure of that?" Harry asked, sliding his tongue slowly across his teeth and making sure Malfoy saw. He didn't know where this sudden confidence had come from, but it was gradually becoming ecstatic.

"You going to reject me again, like you do every time I so much as breathe near you?" Harry shrugged. "I'm desensitised."

"I can still hurt you," Malfoy vowed, but his words didn't hit as hard as usual, and Harry allowed himself a small laugh.

"I really don't think you can," he replied smugly. "I've decided to enjoy you in all your evil glory. Remember how you got that pretty bruise, baby?"

________________________________

a/n: harry standing up for himself!!! it's what we love to see.

my updates have been late recently and i am sorry but i'm still doing this i promise so there will be more updates soon on all my works!! it's fun too hehe

~ paradisedraco