Chapter 3

The nights you spent training under Timotheos, Léonard and Andy started to show its fruits. Indeed, you successfully asked Pan if you could at least come with them hunting. You hoped that way you would spend more time with Felix. You haven't seen him since he brought Hannah and you craved his touch and presence. The demon boy seemed skeptical at first but after showing him your new skills, that you lied about, saying you already knew a few things before getting captured by the pirates, he agreed on letting you go hunt with the boys.

When you saw Felix leaving with a crossbow, you immediately knew he was leaving for hunting. You took a bow and some arrows and ran after him, telling Andy you were going to hunt with someone. Of course he didn't ask questions, actually, you thought you were very bad at hiding your feelings for the tall second in command. You ran after him nevertheless, excited to spend some time with him.

When he heard someone running after him, he turned and saw you with wide eyes. You hugged him tight, glad to be in his arms again. He kissed your head and you hummed, you had missed him too much.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned, not letting you go. "I thought Pan didn't want you to leave the camp..."

"Let's say I showed him I could defend myself..." You smirked.

"Really? Then I won't have any more reasons to save you when you are in distress..."

"I will always need you to save me Felix."

He chuckled at that and let go of you. Then he took your hand and started walking deeper into the thick jungle. You didn't go that far before, so you were a bit uneasy. The blond haired boy seemed to know where to look, and where the hunting traps were. He checked every one of them, and when he would find some dead animals, he would take it. You only watched him, trying to remember his gestures.

"So what do you think of her?" He suddenly asked.

"Of who?"

"That girl I saved from the mermaids."

"Oh Hannah? She's very nice and sweet." You replied, a smile on your lips. "It feels oddly nice to not be the only girl on the island anymore."

"I see." He nodded, not saying anything.

"You don't seem too happy. What is it?"

He abruptly stood up and turned to you. He looked very worried. His grey eyes couldn't hide anything to you.

"I am afraid she's bad news. I tried to convince Pan to tell him he has to be careful with her but he didn't listen to me."

"Hannah can be trusted. She's my friend. I don't like the implications of what you are saying Felix." You told him a bit angrily.

He rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed by your reaction. You were a little hurt but you needed to stand your ground, for you and for Hannah. He might have saved you many times and loved you but you had to show him you were tough and that you wouldn't back down. You didn't understand why he thought Hannah is someone that couldn't be trusted.

"You sound just like Pan." He hissed.

You gasped at that, and punched him lightly in the arms. He didn't say anything and didn't attempt to fight back. You couldn't believe he just said that. You had nothing in common with this short little pervert elf. You turned and decided to leave the second in command, too angry to deal with him. You crossed your arms like a toddler while walking away. You bet he wasn't even trying to talk you out of it.

You screamed in pain when your leg was caught in a bear trap. You fell over, already sobbing, feeling the teeth of the trap slowly closing and penetrating into your tender flesh. You started to call Felix, hoping he would come running. And surprisingly he did. He immediately crouched besides you and saw what the problem is.

"It's going to hurt." He murmured while opening the trap.

You howled in pain but successfully put your leg besides elsewhere. You were crying heavily, trying to stop the blood. You were afraid you were going to lose your legs. Pan had told you once that he had to cut limbs off from boys who were damaged. But they never survived.

"Felix I am going to die!" You whined.

"No you're not. You were lucky, it's okay now."

You just wanted to be in his arms again so you fell on him and clutched on his shirt, just like a child would do. You didn't know why you were crying that much. Felix rubbed your back and kissed your hair.

"Come on, let's take a look at this wound. It doesn't look that bad. You will just need to rest for a few days."

"Pan will definitely never allow me to leave again." You winced when Felix put his scarf around the injury. "He is going to hurt you too."

"No he won't. He would be too busy courting Hannah."

You laughed at that, remembering your friend's comment on Peter Pan. He was surely doing that, he seemed more enamoured by her than you. You shrieked when the tall boy scooped you in his arms. The walk back to the camp was completely silent, and you guessed Felix was still rumanitating on your small argument. Was he mad at you? You hoped that not.

When the blond haired boy stepped into the camp, Pan immediately appeared in front of him, clearly furious. You asked Felix to drop you and he did but still kept an arm around your body to help you stand up. Pan's eyes flew to your leg and you bit your lips.