28: Hybrids

Chapter 28

-Atlas Cole Fenrir-

"Of all times, They're making their move now." Tiana, Tatiana's mother, and my father's former mate stressfully rubbed her face as she mumbled.

This is quite suspicious; why would they attack now? The day the high council gathered once again

"Alpha A?" Quincy tapped my shoulder, snapping me back, but I shrugged his hand off as pure confusion and frustration were taking over me.

"How many years has it been since Reinhardt's coven last attacked?" I asked Uncle, to which he sighed.

"Twenty years after they lost the third attack,"

Now, this is surely even more disturbing.

"I will send reinforcements."

I stopped my uncle, as I definitely have full faith in the power and strength of my pack. We might be the most hated pack, and we're always hiding deep in the shadows away from the werewolf community, but I can most proudly claim that we're the strongest pack there is.

"I would appreciate it more if you would call another meeting with the high council, uncle. My pack can handle anyone; I'll bring in to the meeting whoever from those abominations we'll catch alive," I hurriedly instructed.

Uncle Leonard most definitely does not look like he agrees with my decision, but there's nothing he can do since I am about to become the next Alpha King. He needs to let me act like one by letting me make risky decisions by myself.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, my family and pack need their Alpha."

I jumped to the portal, which was followed by Quincy at my back.

Almost instantly, the moment I stepped out of the portal, I found myself already on the battlefield, fighting one of the abominations of nature. A Hybrid, half werewolf and vampire.

Let's go, Colvyr.

My wolf eagerly agreed, and in a matter of seconds, I shifted into my jet-black wolf, instantly attacking the hybrid in front of me by biting its neck and ripping off his skin, making his filthy blood splatter all over my fur.

We need to finish this quickly. We need to see our mate and our son and make sure they are safe. Colvyr hissed.

I know. Let's just be a little patient for a little while; we must not let our anger and frustration take over us. I'm sure they're both fine. Our mate and our son are strong.

There are now about fifteen hybrids surrounding me, but since they were not ordinary wolves, it was actually more difficult to kill them quickly than I usually would with rogues. I have a hunch that they were recruiting rouges and turning them.

But why would they attack here in our pack almost instantly after the council meeting? And how in the world did they find the entrance to our pack territory? There's no time to dwell on it right now; I'll have my answers soon.

Each of my warriors was handling these pesky hybrids, and I'm sure if it weren't for our guardians, this would be a lot more difficult.

Leave one alive! I shouted to the mindlink of my warriors and immediately blocked it off as I heard their 'Yes Alpha.

The hybrids continue to heal rapidly, and because of their increasing vampire speed, it was getting difficult to catch up with them. Vampire speed has always been incredibly faster than that of a wolf, but it's a good thing that I am no ordinary werewolf as well. I'm a half faerie, so I can still catch up to them and heal almost the same as them, so there's no problem with that, but I'm getting sick of this already.