year five: deepest fears

Start from the beginning

"Hello," greeted Hermione, forcing a smile onto her face as she looked at the two girls. "What're you guys talking about?"

Ginny rolled her brown eyes dramatically as Hermione spoke. "None of your business, Granger--"

"Play nice, Ginny." Hope interrupted, giving her friend a look which silenced her. "She's just being nice, can't you do that, too?"

"Nice isn't in my vocabulary."

Hermione Granger only looked down at her plate before looking back at Hope. "I'm worried about Harry. You don't think they'll expel him, do you?"

The Lupin-Black girl shook her head slowly, letting out a soft laugh. "Dumbledore adores Harry, 'Mione. He'd never let it happen. The Ministry couldn't expel Harry even if they wanted to."

"This house is quite odd, Hope. It feels like there are secrets lurking." commented Hermione, looking around the dining room. It reminded her, and others, of certain areas of Hogwarts. "I don't know if I like it."

"Then leave--"

"I know what you mean," Hope spoke up, giving Ginny an obvious glare. "I'm still figuring out the secrets myself. But you know me, I always figure them out."

Hope Lupin-Black went quiet as hands slid around her thin waist and kisses were laid down her neck as a deep voice spoke out. "Guess who, love."

"I really hope you're George and not Fred. Because that would be very awkward."

George took the other seat next to her, still in his pajamas himself. "Lucky for you, it's George."

"I'm asking him about it today." she blurted out, looking from Ginny to George, who knew exactly what she was talking about in regards of who she was asking about what.

"I'm not sure if you should," George hesitantly said, knowing that his girlfriend had been driving herself crazy over finding out more information about her uncle. "We talked about this--"

The Granger girl furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she questioned. "Ask who what?"

Ginny groaned as she intently looked at the girl who was once a good friend of hers. "Hope wants to know more about her uncle, and the only way is through Sirius."

"And Sirius hates his brother."

"Then why would you ask him?"

"Because, dear Hope doesn't know her limits," the Weasley girl mumbled, narrowing her eyes in the direction of her brother's girlfriend. "It's her one downfall."

Hope Lupin-Black crossed her arms across her chest, clearly aggravated by the three Gryffindors. "Ginny, I need to know what he knows. He has to know something about the--" her mouth opened to finish her sentence, but she only went silent.

"The what?"

"The thing?"

"What thing?"

She only shook her head, as the food began to float onto the table. "It's nothing, George, really. But would you look at this lovely breakfast? Mum is quite a wonderful cook--"

The Weasley boy bit his bottom lip in frustration, his girlfriend not meeting his line of sight. "Hope, what are you--"

"Later, I will tell you later."

Once the breakfast food was served, all residents of 12 Grimmauld Place chatted happily as they ate. Almost forgetting the business revolving the chosen one. Hope Lupin-Black talked amongst her boyfriend and friends who sat around her.