"Hmm, I guess Valentine's is already in the air, huh?" said Lisa, getting distracted by the posters in the area.

"Yeah, for sure couples will line up at N Seoul Tower again," said Jennie.

Lisa chuckled, knowing that there's always an issue in that place during that time of the year. "But you know what, I kinda liked how Koreans and Japanese celebrate Valentine's day."

"Why?"

"Well, in Thailand, Valentine's day is mostly for women," said Lisa, making small circles with her fork. "Their boyfriend's or husband's buy flowers or chocolates for them. In Japan and here in Korea, it's all about men. Women are the ones buying chocolates and giving it to their male friends and love ones. The tradition is kinda cute."

Jennie didn't say anything but her mind is already processing that as a clue.

Lisa's expression changed when an idea hit her. "Hey, what do you say about bringing you to Aunt Yaya's?"

Having no thoughts of playing hard to get, Jennie agreed right away. "I'd love to. Why don't we do it next week?" She secretly hoped that Lisa would take it as a hint for the Valentine's Day.

"Uhm," Lisa scratched the tip of her eyebrow. "Unfortunately, I won't be here next week."

Jennie's face fell. "Y-you won't?"

Lisa smiled apologetically. "Yeah, well, it's my dad's birthday on the fourteenth so he'll be my date on Valentine's Day."

Jennie felt a bit embarrassed thinking that Lisa knew what she was pertaining to. She tucked a stray hair behind her ear and changed the topic. "So, where are you going this time?"

"Indonesia," said Lisa. "I've filed vacation leave from 12th to 14th. I'll be flying tomorrow afternoon. Aunt Yaya called so I could pick up her gift for dad."

Jennie focused her eyes on the spaghetti to hide her disappointment.

That's from Monday to Wednesday. I won't see her for three days straight. Uh, no, it's gonna be four days because it's only Sunday tomorrow.

Sigh... Can I survive that?

----

9:11 pm

"So.. we're here..." said Lisa, pulling the handbrake. They are already in front of Jennie's gate.

Jennie was so happy the entire day that the time flew fast for her. "Thanks. I had fun. Real fun."

"You had fun making fun of me."

Jennie let out a sweet chuckle. "I didn't know you had a comedian side."

"Yeah, right."

Jennie giggled. "You should be proud. It's not everyday I enjoy a date like this."

"Well, I'm honored, your highness." said Lisa, bowing slightly.

"Thanks to my friends in the horror house, they made my day complete."

"Ugh. Until when are you gonna make fun of me?"

"Oh, come on, let me be, I won't see you for four days, you know."

A smiled slipped across Lisa's mouth. "Awe. Does that mean you're going to miss me?"

"You wish."

"Oh, come on, I'm sure you will, right.. right...?"

Jennie felt Lisa poking her arm. "What makes you think so?" she asked Lisa.

Lisa scratched her head for an answer. "Uh, I don't know. Because it would be unfair to me? I'm surely gonna miss you, you know..."

"Aish. Why do you love messing your hair like that?" Jennie reached her hand up to fuss with Lisa's disarrayed hair. "And yes, of course, I'd miss you, Dumbo."

"Awe. I'm so touched."

"Crazy." Jennie shook her head. She raised her hand, thinking of playfully slapping Lisa.

It's a bad move. Lisa grabbed Jennie's hand out of reflex. Jennie knows that she should pull back now but she can't anymore. Lisa is already caressing her hand comfortably, giving her a calm and steady gaze, putting Jennie into a trance.

Lisa, still holding Jennie's hand, brushed a strand of hair away from Jennie's forehead. Jennie felt how Lisa's hand trembled, but she loved the feeling of those fingertips making the barest contact on her skin.

The next thing Jennie noticed is Lisa leaning closer, planting a soft kiss on her forehead. Jennie suddenly felt a quivering ecstacy of joy when those soft lips were pressed into her skin, totally sending her heart into frenzy. Lisa pulled back shortly but her lips stayed close. Jennie can feel the irregular breathing on her forehead.

"Thank you," whispered Lisa, almost inaudible.

Jennie closed her eyes. She felt how Lisa's lips slightly touched her skin in every movement, giving a tickling sensation. She smiled when she felt Lisa was smiling too against her forehead.

It was oh so magical that she'd like to stay like that for a little while. However, they had to pull away from each other when a headlight from a passing vehicle flashed on them for a second.

"I, uh, I better go now," said Jennie, hooking her bag on her shoulder. "I'll see you next week."

Lisa just gave her a smile and nod.

Jennie went out of the car and managed to sneak a peek before closing the door. "Take care, okay?"

"I will. Good night, Jennie."

"Good night, Lisa."

----

Jennie wasn't aware how she managed to walk up to her room. Her knees were weakend with what happened inside the car that she collapsed onto her bed immediately. She was glad that her mom isn't home yet because it had saved her from the possible interrogation on how was the hangout with her 'friends.'

And now she's back to staring endlessly at the ceiling. She's no doubt happy, but at the same time, she feels scared of the changes she's feeling lately.

Sigh. Am I losing it?

As far as the dating game is concerned, Jennie had always had her guard up; full gear defense. Yes, she goes out with boys but she's too cautious around them. Although the case is a bit different, because it's a girl this time, but Jennie never felt things from previous dates before the way Lisa had made her feel, or even made her do without inhibitions. She started mentally counting all the notable firsts she experienced that day:

First time I totally enjoyed a date.

First time I had chosen to ignore the fireworks display.

First time I made the first move to hold my date's hand.

First time I had eaten at that Italian restaurant.

First time I've thought of going out with someone on Valentine's Day.

She stopped for a moment before admitting one last thing on her mind. She touched her forehead, trying to recall how it felt earlier. Her heart flutters on the memory of it.

First time I let my date kiss me...

"Shit.." she said in an exhale with her eyes darting quickly around the room.

This time she knows it. Whatever defense she had tried to established all throughout these years; that blockage has already been blown away.

I guess I've already lost it.

The battle for maintaining her sanity is over. Her guard is already torn down. She just smiled at her realization because she never thought it was possible to get such happiness from one person only.

She knows it's useless to pretend to be strong anymore, because whatever mask she puts on to pretend how tough she is it will just boil down to one thing:

Lisa had definitely conquered her.