Chapter 4

Abbie's pov

Schools finally over. But I still have practice and a game. Oh fun.

My only really good friends were the guys in the football team. I never really hung out around girls when I was younger yet I'm really girly but I still like to do all the things the guys can do.

After school I went straight to the locker room and changed then headed out to the field.

"Abbie hurry up and get your ass over here we've been waiting for you"

I guess coach isn't in a good mood today. Practice will be fun.

We did suicides, sprints, lots of drills, reviewed plays, lots of running, and practicing. Tonight's game would determine wether we were going to the play offs or not. Hopefully we were. We have worked really hard this season.

***

It was the fourth quarter. There was 32 seconds left and we were losing 28-21. It wasn't looking good for us.

"Hike" I yelled

I felt the ball land in my hands I stepped back looking for an open receiver. The next thing I know I'm plowed to the ground pain shooting in my arm. God why today. God why this game.

I growled in pain. Tears running down my face. Then I saw the team, coach and the trainers running over.

Josh helped me up as I was cradling my arm. I walked off the field and sat on the bench. Josh pulled off my helmet.

"It hurts really bad"

"It looks broken" josh said

"No don't say that. Ouch"

"Yeah it's definitely broken"

"Josh I'm putting you in a QB and Ethan in your place now let's Win this " coach said

He nodded and headed out to field.

"Abbie we need to get the hospital"

I nodded " can I watch the rest of the game"

I really only wanted to wait for josh. He's the only one I really had.

"If you must" coach said