Miss Apologetic

“Hi, Peter.” He echoes my first word. “You aren't mad at me, are you?”
“Of course not. I was just upset when you told me to leave. It was stupid of me. I should have stayed.”
“No, it's not your fault. I should have never yelled at you in the first place. It was so stupid of me to get upset like that. I'm so so so sorry.” I hear a laugh at the other end.
“We could never stay mad at each other. We're both miserable on our own.” I agree with him and we both chuckle.

It's silent for a minute. Then Peter whispers something that I can't entirely hear. “What was that?”
“Can I come in?”
“Wait, are you outside already?” I bounce up and go to open the balcony door. He hangs up during the process.

“Guess I've got myself another stalker.” He rubs the back of his neck. “I was planning on knocking and apologizing in person. I got nervous though and I've been sitting on the roof for a while. Then you called.” I go up and hug him. In an instant, his arms find their way to the small of my back.

“How long can you stay?” I place my chin on his chest as I look up to him. “May doesn't mind that I'm out as long as I text her telling her I'm still alive.” May found out his alter ego the day Peter got his suit back. It's kind of crazy how okay she was with it after he explained that he is not doing it alone.

“Then, you'll stay and help me beat a level on my game?” He smiles and pulls away. After taking off his suit and folding it, he puts it in the closet with my suit.

We plop down on the couch and I turn on my system and TV. Pete gets comfortable and I slowly slide down to place my head on his thigh. He beats the level after only a few tries. “That's so not fair.”

The night carries on quite the same until it's about eleven o'clock at night. Unfortunately, we have school tomorrow. So Pete needs to leave soon. Speaking of tomorrow- “I just remembered, it's your birthday in an hour.” I unexcitedly nod my head.

“It will probably be the same as last year. Dad will take me out to dinner and get me a nice present. Maybe Thor or Nat will call.” I still have a hard time realizing that I'm not hiding my real name anymore. Before I never had parties or anything since I couldn't have friends and family over at the same time.

“Let's have a party tomorrow, after school. You, me, MJ, and Ned. Who knows what we'll do but at least we'll be there with you.” He drapes an arm around my shoulders. “That would be awesome.” I lean into him and close my eyes.

“I bet Spider-Man could get a nice cake completely for free.” He jokes but I don't realize right away. “Don't abuse your power. I'll give you the money to pay for it.”

“It's not fair that you're rich. I'll never be able to pay for something for you since it will always come down to the fact that you have a massive excess of wealth.”

Before we knew it, the clock reaches twelve and the day is now October 16th. “Happy sixteenth birthday.” He swiftly says right before planting his lips on mine.

A/N: Happy Halloween! 😈 Even though this was such a short chapter I still needed to proofread it 3 times before I couldn't find any more errors. I need a beta reader lol. Bestie you up for it?