20

Jaemin's POV

I wake up without Jeno by my side and I pout sadly. I get out of bed and head straight to Felix's room so I can bother him but when I open the door, I immediately close it with wide eyes.

"...Jaemin?" Jeno says from behind me and I turn around with my mouth agape and my eyes as wide as can be.

"Felix and Chan are sleeping together." I say quietly and Jeno opens the door slowly to peak inside.

"Yeah, how did he get in?" I shrug and hug him gently.

"What if...what if they're mates?" I ask worriedly and Jeno closes the door before turning towards me.

"If they're mates then Felix will have to choose between staying here or going with him. We don't need chan tainting his mind." I nod and jeno walks to our room.

"I'm going to get ready for work, you make sure Chan leaves as soon as he wakes up." Jeno says with authority and I nod with a smirk.

"My pleasure future beta~" Jeno winks at me before disappearing into the room.

I sigh before walking into the kitchen so I could finally eat something.

Chan's POV

I listen to the footsteps walk away from the door before hugging Felix closer to me.

I try not to think about the harsh undertone in Jeno's voice when he said Felix would have to choose but I know I deserve it.

"You okay?" Felix asks sleepily as he wraps his arms around my neck and nuzzles into my chest.

"I'm alright, did you sleep well?" Felix nods and he smiles up at me making me coo at how adorable he is.

"It should be illegal to be that cute..." I whisper to myself but because we are so close he heard me.

"You're the cute one..." Felix nuzzles my neck softly and a shiver runs down my spine from it.

"You're cuter." I bite his ear gently and he gasps softly.

"Stop it, you'll make me blush." Felix hides his face in my chest and I chuckle while playing with his hair.

"Okay okay, I'll stop." I say honestly and Felix looks up at me.

"You don't have to leave right? You can stay in here with me and we don't have to worry about everyone else..." I sigh and shake my head sadly.

"I'm sorry...the people here really don't like me and they have a good reason for it. I'll tell you one day but I can't trust that someone will over hear it and have me killed." Felix pouts and adjusts himself so he's sitting on my stomach.

"But...I don't want you to go. But at the same time I don't want you dead either..." Felix whispers and I nod.

"Maybe one day the pack will let me explain what situation I was in so they'll give me a chance again. Though, I'm pretty sure that would never happen in my life time." I caress Felix's cheek and he leans into my touch.

"How come I'm so attached to you already?" Felix mumbles.

"Am I so attractive that you already can't get enough of me?" I ask jokingly and Felix smacks my chest lightly.

"Seriously...I just met you yesterday. What did you do to me?" He leans down towards me and presses our foreheads together.

"I'm the one that should be asking that. I never listen to anyone but yet you tell me to do something and I do it willingly." I nuzzle our noses and Felix leans a little bit closer.

We were only centimeters apart but before we could connect our lips, the door slams open and a loud voice echos in the room.

"CHAN GET OUT!" I look towards the door to see the one and only leader of the pack standing at the door furiously.

"What if I don't want to?" I ask wanting to test his patients.

"You have no right to be here! Felix, get off him." I feel Felix shake as he almost falls off of me but I hug him close, forgetting completely of the angry alpha standing at the door.

"You won't get hurt Felix. You'll be perfectly safe if you stay here, okay?" Felix clings onto me and shakes his head as I try to leave the bed.

"Please don't leave me..." he whimpers and small tears start rolling down his face uncontrollably making me feel sad.

"You can always come and visit me honey...are you okay with me calling you that?" Felix nods and hugs me tightly.

"Please don't stop calling me that..." I nod and peck his cheek before gently prying his arms off me making him cry harder.

I try not to look at him because I know I'll only come back to him and try to comfort him. I hold back my own tears as I listen to him beg me to stay while crying and Taeyong watches in shock.

"Um...I think you should go now." Taeyong says and I bow my head before walking out of the room.

Even when I'm far away from him, I still hear him crying making me let a few tears of my own out.

I enter my temporary home and I sit on the small bed while crying. I look towards my window and see a small white bird sitting there watching me.

"Hello?" I ask stupidly and the bird flew towards me.

"What do you want?" The bird flys to the desk and grabs a paper and a pencil with its beak before bringing it to me.

It hands me the pencil and I roll my eyes before deciding to just write a simple sentence.

'I love you.'

I place the pencil down and look at the bird weirdly.

"Is that what you wanted?" The bird looks at the paper before rolling it up and flying out the window with it.

I sigh and lay down on my bed wondering where the bird would take it.