"Keep going" she encouragingly said and Jimin bitterly mused, Keep going till when?

He longed for an ending. Whether it be the pain or himself.

He longed for peace.

But it seemed as if peace was never an option.

Lunch was a brief and muted affair. Just the clanking of cutlery and the occasional murmur was heard. Seokjin pulled out the map, talking with Hoseok about the path that lay ahead. Yoongi barely ate, and Jimin was worried. It seemed to now be ingrained within him, the concern for Yoongi's health. But he did not voice his worries. He had enough on his plate.

The road got rougher and rougher as they continued journeying. The surroundings were starting to resemble the Nyx quite a bit, with tall trees either side of the uneven road. The areas seemed more rural than urban now. Not that Jimin noticed any of it, being lost in his own world. He just stumbled forward with the rest as best as he could. When it rang through his mind that he had barely thought about how he could possibly let out to the others that Jimin was lying to them...for Ajax, he hadn't been alarmed.

And as much as Jimin despised it, he couldn't help but feel as if it wasn't a problem anymore even though it was. It really was a horrible issue. But Jimin just felt so out of it and his body just couldn't muster up enough fear to rile him up.

Dinner again, was a subdued event. With chagrin, Jimin remembered last night, sleeping curled next to Yoongi and maybe- maybe he was starting to regret his outburst an ounce. Just maybe.

"We are getting closer" Seokjin cheerfully said. "Maybe another day and a half"

"Well, if anything is good news," Erata dutifully said. "That is"

Hoseok nodded. "God knows we need some good news in our lives right now. I just hope there are not many guards though"

Erata hummed. "Let's also hope we aren't too late to save Fen"

The party broke up after a few minutes, retreating to sleep outside again after bidding 'goodnights', much to Seokjin's horror.

Sleeping alone after being used to the warmth of another next to him- around him- was difficult, but Jimin liked to say that he managed. Managed because he'd been too worn out to stay awake for long and mourn about it.

The next day dawned bright and shiny, leaving them all squinting against the sunlight on their faces. Everything passed in blur for Jimin. They skipped on breakfast, deciding to leave it till lunch time, packed up their belongings and were on their way. Again, Jimin and Yoongi were on the farthest corner of the group and though the other three tried to remain cheery, it was clear that the tension between the Reaper and Jimin was affecting them too.

A brief glance told Jimin that Yoongi's face was stoic and had no emotion etched on it. His mouth was a thin line. Jimin winced.

"If what Yoongi says is correct," Hoseok said, pulling Jimin out of his gloomy thoughts. "We have a small hiking session today"

Jimin groaned inaudibly.

"We might need to buy some food from nearby" Erata advised. "If we're going to be stuck on a mountain at night, we have to be ready"

Jimin agreed whole-heartedly. So they explored around, until they found a shabby little store with a lonely and old man as the shop keeper. They had their lunch there- a measly affair with some hardened buns and orange juice- and ordered a few more buns and rolls to go, much to the old man's delight. Jimin absent-mindedly wondered whether people ever come by this shop.