18

A/N: This is a month later after this happens btw :)

_________________________________________________________________________

You slowly opened your eyes as the shiny light ray of light shone through your eyelids. You took your blanket off and headed downstairs to the kitchen where your food was already placed. You ate it quickly and took your coat and hat. It was already December so you where pretty cold with the snow and weather. 

You where running as you could finally see your boyfriend which you haven't seen for a month! He was so busy traveling around that you didn't see him for a while, but today was the day, as he kept sending you letters from where he was and when he was coming back. 

You thought it was better to knock at the door to his house and surprise him, as you got him a small gift before he came, some homemade cookies and a picture frame of you both smiling together before he left. Plus, you didn't want to bump into Billy as he was too clingy nowadays, but Gilbert could finally see what was happening and make you feel safe. 

You reached his house and you where behind the door. You took your hand out but before you could knock, an excited Gilbert opened the door and gasped.

'Y/n!' he cried.

'Gilbert!' you cried back and both of you hugged tightly. You felt like you never wanted to break the hug, but eventually did. 

'I was just about to come to your house, I couldn't sleep because of how excited I was to see you y/n!' Gilbert smiled. You saw happy tears in his eyes which made your tears also appear. 

'Me neither! That's why I got you something before you came back-' you trailed off and showed him the small box and a basket of warm cookies you made on your hand. 

'Y/n.. you- you shouldn't have,' he grabbed you tightly again and both of you hugged for longer than ever.

'You're so warm Gil-' you said, closing your eyes, enjoying the warmth your dear boyfriend was giving. 

He took your hand.

'I'm going to eat the cookies at school and brag that my beautiful gorgeous girl made them,' Gilbert swinged you around and skipped to the forest where a small path led to the schoolhouse. 

***

When you and Gilbert finally reached there, Gilbert pushed the door like a gentleman for you and both of you walked to the school.

'Gilbert!' everyone screamed excitedly and ran between you two, especially Ruby, who was back 3 weeks ago. 

'I missed you soooooooooo much Gil- I even baked you some cookies..' she grinned. 

Oh god, she copied me-

You told the girls that you where going to make cookies for Gilbert, which you thought Ruby heard because she was walking close to the circle you where in, so she might have eavesdropped and copied your idea. 

Gilbert scratched his neck and looked at you and shrugged. You knew what he was thinking.

You just nodded, telling him to just accept it and let it be, but Ruby didn't let that happen.

'Wait.. you don't like it? Do you want me to make new ones? Sure that's fine.. I mean, no problem for me, but it's  a problem for you right- because then you wouldn't like them and that would be, oh, so terrible of me,' she shook her head furiously and threw the cookies away to the fireplace, which was in the middle of the schoolhouse. 

Everyone gasped and looked at you, like if you made her do that. 

'Ruby..' you walked towards her.