The air between you was strong and sharp. If you breathed in in too hard you'd be done for.

He awkwardly stood in front of you, his light eyes now dark as he scanned your face. The silence took over and it was clear he wasn't going to break it.

You took in a deep breath, glancing around the room before speaking up. You were being the only adult at the moment. "I'm trying Reid. I know you're this genius with a higher IQ than me and you hold like three doctorate degrees and you're basically like this superhero, but I'm trying." You turned your head to the side, trying to gather yourself. You were fuming, completely over everything the day brought. It was too early to have such a foul mouth. "Every time I'm around you, I feel like the dumbest person in the room. I feel like, what's the point of giving information if the person right across from me knows it already."

Your eyes bored into him, his jaw clenching in a sense of anger. He didn't want to be the reason you felt that way, it angered him to his core. He didn't want to be blamed. If he was blamed it meant you thought about him at some point within your sadness.

"It's not my fault your an emotional mess," he growled, his hand coming up to comb back his hair.

You threw up your hands in exasperation, your heart lurching into your throat. God, he was so arrogant and stupid, he was cold hearted towards you but he was an angel in front of everyone else. He was a one sided asshole who had no—

"You know what, fuck you. I've spent every single day reading books on top of books in hopes that I'd know something you didn't. That I would top you before you had the chance, but no! I can't! Before I have the chance to say what I've learned, you fucking say it!"

You hadn't noticed how loud you were getting until you turned to see the multiple eyes on you. They gawker, stared at the cruel remarks tumbling out of your mouth. They probably thought you were the cruel one, the bully. However, you weren't done yet, so you let them think whatever you thought.

"I don't know what you want. Do you want me to keep my mouth shut, to go by Agent Y/L/N now, to leave?"

"Yes! Oh my God, please leave. We don't need you here!" he pleaded. His eyes were poking out of his head, two centimeters away from your own protruding eyeballs. The veins in his forehead exceeded their maximum strength and they seemed to leak out of his skin.

Ouch.

It all hurt.

You didn't want it to hurt. You wanted to pick yourself up after the punch and lurch at his throat, ripping him to pieces. He was a shitty man who deserved nothing but to rot in hell. But it still hurt, as much as you hoped he would magically burn. You felt your throat dry up and your eyes begin aching from the tears.

The hate was extreme. You sure as hell hated him, but you didn't want him to leave. You enjoyed the competition, as much as it stressed you out.

You looked over his shoulder, noticing Prentiss standing outside of her office.You tilted your head, asking her if you could leave with only the gleaming of your eyes. She nodded. You glanced up at Spencer one last time, attempting to make him feel the worst he could.

You spun on your heels and cascaded down the stairs, running past Luke's fingertips against your arm. He would probably call you sooner or later, so you didn't think it was a big deal.

You walked past the glass doors and into the elevator, the doors closing as you squeezed yourself into the corner. The tears weren't rolling in, which was a surprise to you knowing how sensitive you were.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, you ran as fast as you could into your car. You turned it on immediately and sped out of the parking lot. Without a thought, you were already at your house. You weren't even sure how you drove thirty minutes, how or when you stopped at the red lights, or if every light was green. But you were home... so it didn't even matter.