𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
____________________________________________
🦋 Rosa rubiginosa; also known as the Eglantine rose or as the Sweet Briar. Part of the Rosaceae family, this flower has a meaning of  'a wound to heal'. 🦋
____________________________________________

Monday morning. Once again, just like any other day, I woke up in my white, messy bed I rarely clean. I sat up on my bed looking at my phone. At 6.07 a.m., I saw again, no notifications. If I knew I was alone, why did I still check? Did I unconsciously ask for company? Perhaps I wished I wasn't so alone. My room was cold. I walked over towards my curtains and pulled it up to let the morning rays of sunshine run around in my room. It was suddenly so bright in my room it hurt my eyes. While still yawning, I headed over to my bathroom to get ready for another dreadful day of studies. I stepped in and walked over to the sink. Looking at the mirror in front of me, I took off my shirt and let out a sigh. There stood a short boy, pale skin, soft black hair, and a body full of scars and bruises. Holding back the pain, I stepped into the shower and took a warm bath. I finished and headed to my kitchen to have something to eat. I ended up eating onigiri and coke. I was about to head out to start walking to the school campus, but I stopped in my tracks. I walked back towards my room's desk to take my earphones. I put them on and played music. I then quickly left my apartment, locking the door behind me.

My name is Lee Jihoon. I was an orphan that moved out to live a life on my own. I moved to an apartment near my school campus. The orphanage still gives me money now and then. The memories of my childhood are, however...hazy. It is because my childhood was filled with brutality. My orphanage caretakers never cared of us. Particularly me. I was the orphanage's punching bag. It was as if people didn't know I had feelings. They all had just assumed that I was a zombie; a creature that seemingly is a human with merely no emotions. So that's what I did. I did a favor for them. I decided myself that I would fulfill their expectations of me. A being with no rational feelings at all. A candle that cannot burn flames. Something that is completely useless. That is what I am.

"Simply a candle that cannot burn..."
____________________________________________
ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ