Ch 2

*At Olympus*

Zeus was pacing along the floor of the council room as he waited for Apollo's and Athena's return, when a booming noise was heard and the door opened to reveal a smug looking Poseidon.

"Brother how are you? You look a tad pale it must be the thin layers of air" he teased

"Now isn't the time. Apollo hasn't returned yet" Zeus snapped at his brother. That's when he heard the thundering of hooves. Eagerly he looked towards the door only to be disappointed with the arrival of a sombre Hades.

"Why the glum face brother? I thought being moody was Zeus's job" Poseidon said as he greeted Hades with a hug.

"Persephone and I got into another fight. I don't get it we were happy and suddenly she has these insane mood swings" Hades replied as he sighed. Poseidon nodded sympathetically as he snapped his fingers for a glass of ambrosia and handed the glass to Hades.

Zeus looked at his brother sadly. He never saw why the Fates had matched his daughter and his brother. They were as different as night and day. The beginning years of their marriage he had started to forget his doubts but now he wondered if they had made a mistake.

Preoccupied by his thoughts he didn't notice Apollo and Athena entering the room.

"Uncles, father we have returned" Athena announced with a waggle in her eyebrows

"Athena, do you really have to talk like that? Makes me think of the time when you were a sickler for rules and a party pooper. Hiya Guys, would have sufficed as a greeting" Poseidon reprimanded his niece with a grin on his face.

"Couldn't help it. Making you feel like an old man has to my favourite pastime, Poseidon" Athena replied smiling

"Excuse me, not to break this bonding session but we have important things to get to" Hades pointed out as he placed his glass of ambrosia on the ground and made way to his throne.

After the three eldest Olympians were seated on their thrones and the younger gods in front of them on normal chairs there seemed to be a lull in the conversations in Olympus.

"Father, I delivered the message as you asked. The Celestials haven't given their answer as their messenger was quite tricky with her words and evaded giving a direct answer." Apollo reported

"Which one of the greybeards was it? Was it Narada? That fellow always knows how to stir up trouble. He is basically Hermes multiplied by 10 times the trouble" Poseidon asked

"Never anyone obvious they would have sent someone who would thrown us off guard and be able to fight a god if it came to that. Narada is a trickster with a tongue as slick as oil" Hades commented

"Was it Kali ,the god of death?" Zeus asked Apollo

"No. It was Saraswathi, the goddess of knowledge, music, arts and learning" Apollo replied repeating what he had just read about the goddess in his folder.

"They sent in one of the trinities?" Zeus asked paling slightly. "Thank God I didn't send Hermes for this negotiation"

"I still don't get it, isn't he the King of Gods? Who is he praying to?" Apollo whispered to Athena

Athena ignored him and asked Zeus instead "What feud does Hermes have with this goddess?"

"More like what sexual history does he have with this goddess" Poseidon answered as he and Hades snickered under their breath as they recalled the state the Hindu goddess had left Hermes.

"What? Hermes and Saraswathi?" Apollo and Athena cried out in surprise.

"Seriously guys? You had to tell that Miss Know-it all and Mr Blabber mouth?" Hermes said as he flew into the room.

"We kept that secret for 4 centuries. I think we deserve awards since we haven't divulged on the juicy parts of that torrid affair.. Yet" Hades replied smiling at his flustered nephew who was glaring at his cousins.

"Can we concentrate on the meeting?" Zeus commanded "Hera and I plan on having a romantic evening tonight so can I wrap this up quickly?"

"Well, Saraswathi didn't mention anything about contacting us. So I've no idea.." Apollo was cut short when a vortex opened and a swan flew into the room and perched on top of Zeus's throne before transforming into a lotus and falling onto his lap.

"A flower?" Apollo asked curiously before the flower burst into flames and in its place left a scroll.

"Celestials are such show offs" Zeus muttered irritably as he undid the scroll and read it quickly.

"They are coming. But they want the meeting to take place at point of creation. Neutral ground." Zeus said after reading the message. "That isn't a problem. I think we can finally leave behind our problems"

"I hope the Celestials to think in that mind set." Hades muttered

*AtVaikunta*

The devas had assembled at the adobe of Vishnu. The stood on the Ocean of milk around Vishnu who was laying on his snake Anandan. All the devas looked at a screen like apparition in front of Vishnu as they watched the events that happened in Olympus on the screen.

"You do realise this is slightly stalkerish and creepy right?" Indra asked Shiva.

"It's stalkerish if you are using this to find out the daily routines of a girl. It's strategy when you use it to spy on other immortals who are potential threats" Shiva replied

"Besides those Olympian gods are so gorgeous!" Parvathy sighed in appreciation.

"Excuse me. What are we?" Vishnu asked her

"You are good looking and hot and all the other stuff but you have to appreciate the exotic features of other immortals" Laxshmi added supporting Parvathy.

"Besides didn't your incarnation, Krishna and Aphrodite have a thing going on before the fight?" Kali added

"I get it. I get it" Vishnu mumbled. "Hey what are you doing?" Shiva asked Saraswathi as the screen zoomed onto Poseidon's and Hades's face.

"I'm learning more about their top leaders. My, my the bone structure in that family is insane! Look at those jaws and cheekbones!" Saraswathi replied.

"OK that is just plain creepy and stalkerish" Brahma reprimanded his wife as he waved away the screen.

"Hmm. You are no fun. Parvathy replied.

"Considering the fact that you are gonna have a lot of fun tomorrow I think this dose of disappointment is healthy." Narada commented.

"Oh shush. Now who wants to play a game of chess?" Saraswathi asked the gods.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this is what happened at both the immortals place.

Next chapter will be the meeting.

Lots of dirty laundry and awkward reunions of ex's. So stay tuned.

PS: the gorgeous Hrithik Roshan as Shiva on the side.

Please vote and comment.

Love
Megx