draco malfoy : you need to leave

Start from the beginning

The comfort didn't last long. "You need to leave." Draco muttered, pushing her away from him. He kept his hands firm on her hips and he looked up at her with deep confliction on his face. "Immediately."

(Y/N) was caught off guard, never had she heard Draco use that tone with her. It was the same tone he used to mock first years and Potter. His voice was distanced and filled with venom that only a true Slytherin could express correctly. Not to mention the look of pure boredom and distain on his face made (Y/N) nauseous.

She swallowed and backed away from him, "Okay." (Y/N) glanced down at the bag of gifts she had brought him. "Those, are for you. I have no use for them so keep them." Her voice cracked for only a second before (Y/N) spelled herself out of Draco's bedroom.

As her feet landed in her bedroom (Y/N) burst into tears, a loud sob escaping her mouth so quick that she couldn't even try to contain it. She knew that Draco could be cold but never had she imagined that he would treat her the same.

Since they had begun dating he had nothing but kind to her. Surprisingly Draco was the kind of boyfriend to insist on having physical contact at all times - holding hands, a hand on her back, feet touching under the table - at all times. Not to mention that he bought her random gifts all the time, even though she insisted that he shouldn't. Draco never let her pay for anything, not a single date or even a cookie during their relationship.

So she would have laughed at the idea of the interaction she had just had with him.

***

(Y/N) sat alone on the ride to Hogwarts, tucked into the back corner of a trolley cart with a book in her lap. She had spent a lot of time reading in the past few months, taking on the hobby to avoid confronting what she could only describe as a break up.

She hoped to get through the rest of her time at Hogwarts with minimal interactions with Draco and the rest of the people she had called friends. (Y/N) wondered if Draco had told anyone about their breakup, or rather told them why he had acted the way he did at the beginning of the summer. She also guessed that should either have to make some new friends or deal with the fact that her last few years at Hogwarts alone.

Her attention was drawn momentarily as a group passed by her cart, only to scold herself as she realized that it was a pair of Prefects doing rounds.

More specifically Draco and one of the Ravenclaw Prefects he had been paired with.

She cringed at the sight of him and looked back down at her book, although it was hard to focus on the print on the page when she could feel Draco's gaze carving into her skull.

This same thing seemed to continue for the first month or two of the year, leaving (Y/N) incredibly annoyed and nervous. She had never known what it was like to be on Draco's bad side, but she did wish that if he was going to say something to her or do something to her, that he would man up and do it already.

She was sick of entering the common room and having to duck immediately into a back corner or rush to her room in attempt to not see him. (Y/N) was sick of hearing someone call his name in class and feeling her chest tighten. She was sick of spending countless hours wondering where things had gone wrong.

Since she had spent so much time thinking through every single interaction they had, she wasn't sleeping well. Which is why she was not wondering back to the Slytherin common room so late. What had happened was that (Y/N) had fallen asleep while reading up on a few things for her test in the morning in Charms.

The castle was eerily quiet as (Y/N) wondered through the dark corridors, cursing the fact that the Library was so far the the Slytherin common room. Since it was fall, almost winter, at Hogwarts, the corridors were increasingly cold, leaving (Y/N) shivering and clasping her arms to hold her body heat in.