george weasley : not funny

"(Y/N)!" A familiar voice rang through the Gryffindor Common Room, drawing (Y/N)'s attention away from her Transfigurations homework. She looked up from her array of books to see her roommate and friend Ginny Weasley running towards her, a panicked looked spread across her face.

"What's up Ginny?" (Y/N) asked calmly, her eyes following as Ginny stumbled into the seat next to her.

Ginny bared her teeth, a guilty look rising on her face. "Please don't be angry with me." She begged, reaching out and grabbing (Y/N)'s hands.

(Y/N) looked Ginny up and down with confusion, "Ginny what in the name of Godric are you talking about?" She asked, pulling her hands away from Ginny with a small laugh. Her eyes flickered across the Common Room, finding that the room was basically empty.

"I really screwed up (Y/N)." Ginny began rambling, latching her hands together and looking at her friend. "Please don't be mad at me (Y/N) I didn't mean to-"

"Ginny relax!" (Y/N) exclaimed, "What happened?" She asked, now she was beginning to worry, never in the three years she had known Ginny had she never acted like this.

Ginny dropped her hand between her hands and onto the table. Guilt over took her as she looked back up at (Y/N), "So I was just with Fred and George, having dinner you know?" She asked, only continuing as (Y/N) nodded. "And I may have accidentally let it slip that you like George." Ginny said quietly, now avoiding (Y/N)'s gaze.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened in pure panic, her mouth dropped in shock and her body seemed to freeze. In the three years that (Y/N) had been at Hogwarts she had spent most of her time with the Weasley kids.

When she found herself in the Quidditch team she bonded with Fred and George, and they seemed to adopt her into their pranking schemes. She was soon known as they're side kick, and everyone knew not to mess with her.

With Ginny being one of (Y/N)'s roommates, the two quickly became the best of friends. So naturally when (Y/N) developed a crush on George, Ginny was the first to know.

"You did what?" (Y/N) asked, her voice shaky.

Ginny threw her arms up, rising from the table. "I know I'm sorry it just slipped out!" She apologized, turning back to her roommate.

(Y/N) sighed, closing her books, "Its not like you did it on purpose Ginny." She said casually, her heart still pounding in her chest. "I guess it was bound to come out some way." (Y/N) mumbled to herself, grabbing her books and standing from the table.

"Wait where are you going?" Ginny asked, plopping down on the couch in front of the fire place. She was glad that (Y/N) wasn't mad at her, she wasn't sure what she would have done if she was mad.

(Y/N) turned around quickly, "I'm going to go to our room, you know before Fred and George get back from the a Great Hall." She said matter of factly, "I still need to study and this is not a conversation I am looking forward to." (Y/N) shuddered at the idea of talking to George now, she had never been anything but comfortable with him and now she dreaded seeing him.

"Okay." Ginny said quietly, "I'm sorry!" She called out to (Y/N) again as she made her way up the stairs.

"Stop apologizing!" (Y/N) called back, running up the stairs as she heard the door to the Common Room open.

***

(Y/N) avoided both Fred and George with success for the next week. It wasn't hard, seeing as they had completely different class schedules and they hadn't had Quidditch practice either. Most days she would go straight from class to her room, and Ginny would bring her a plate from the Great Hall.