11

policeman: "Tell us what happened."

neighbor: "This guy, Yeonjun, knocks on my door all bloody and asks to call the police, so I made the call."

policeman: "And what did Yeonjun say to you?

neighbor: "He said that he found this old article in one of the rooms he was staying in."

policeman: "And what did the article say?"

neighbor: "That a family used to live in the house but the parents were murdered by the son."

policeman: "What else did the article say?"

neighbor: "That the son's name was Choi Soobin but he was never found."

policeman: "So he implied that his friend Soobin and the Choi Soobin who murdered his parents are one and the same?"

neighbor: "Yes."

policeman: "What else did he say?"

neighbor: "He said he hid in the basement trying to figure out how to rescue his other friends. One of them came down--"

policeman: "Taehyun."

neighbor: "Right, Taehyun. Yeonjun said he told Taehyun what was going on. He managed to sneak Taehyun out of the house."

policeman: "And what about his other friend?"

neighbor: "He said Soobin and Beomgyu came down to the basement, too, but..."

policeman: "Please, we have to get this for the witness statement."

neighbor: "Yeonjun said Soobin attacked him with a knife in the basement and knocked out Beomgyu."

policeman: "How did Yeonjun get out of the house?"

neighbor: "He managed to punch Soobin and run out of the house. He wanted to get Hueningkai out too but..." (sobs)

policeman: "Yes... Hueningkai's body is in the morgue now."

neighbor: "Those poor kids... What about the others?"

policeman: "Beomgyu and Yeonjun have injuries so they're in the hospital. Taehyun is giving his statement to my partner."

neighbor: "I've heard the stories about that house but jesus... why did he do it? Soobin?"

policeman: "We've been looking for him for years. After he killed his parents, he left the police a note stating that he wanted to come back to the house and do it again. He said it was his final goal."

neighbor: "Where is he now?"

policeman: "We're looking for him. He can't have gone far."

neighbor: "There's really some bad shit in this world, isn't there?"

policeman: "Yes. Yes there is."