Rescue the Princess Pt.12

Start from the beginning

With his bandaged stomach that still stung, Five felt so violated. Especially since it was by the one he cared for most. "No, Klaus you don't understand." It all came crashing down on him. Why he cared so deeply for her, why he felt so heartbroken, why he trusted her so much while blind, why he was so desperate to redeem her. He lifted his legs over the bed and let his feet touch the floor. He lifted himself up with the help of gripping onto the bed, and prominently limped over to the window to look through his window to view the night casted town that was visible through his eyesight. He gave a big deep sigh, almost ashamed of what he was about to admit.

"I love her. Even after she's betrayed me like three times. I'm still in love with her. Why? That's not fair. I still love her after she tried to kill me. How is that fair to me at all?"

His voice started breaking as he thought about why his body put him through the torture of still loving (Y/n) when he now knew that she wanted him dead. His eyes started to fill up with salty water but Five rubbed his fingers over his eyes before they had the chance to spill out. Letting himself cry would be the final defeat.

"But everyday I'm learning more that she's nothing but a... backstabber."

( Author: Oh my god he-he just said the title of the book 🤭😳 )

Klaus kept his distance as he stared at Five in shock. He caught on quickly that Five liked her but he didn't know he liked her that much and actually admitted to it. Even when they were kids Five always kept to himself and guarded his feelings, never wanting to talk about them. So seeing him spilling out all his heartbreak, it was... strange and he didn't know what to do other than watch Five look out the window.

Now Klaus had his fair share of heartbreak from bad girls and boys so he could understand Five's pain a little bit but his didn't go as far as actually almost being murdered. (Y/n) was trouble, Klaus now perfectly understood that. But was it really (Y/n)'s fault that when growing up she was constantly told and taught that she needs to be evil? Of course her trauma doesn't excuse and justify her actions but he really thought she could stand up for herself and come with Five.

But maybe there was still hope.

Klaus opened his hands in front of him. "But think about it. Eventually (Y/n) is going to get fed up and turn on Lana, just like she turned on you. And when she does, she's going to make a play for leadership, because I'm starting to think that really is the only way she can be happy. Then maybe when she's in charge of herself then she'll-"

"I don't care about what she does. But I need some time to think, so do you mind? Just... leave me alone." Five snapped roughly before Klaus could finish his sentence.

"You can forgive a murderer, but you can not forgive a traitor." ~ Unknown

Klaus folded his hands and bit his lip, turning around sadly to walk out the room, closing the door on his way out.

Five huffed and sniffed to rid of his beginning stuffy nose as he stared outside. He let out a low sigh, letting the broken pieces of his heart fall to the ground without anymore fucks to give.

Five's attitude to (Y/n) is now split diametrically down the middle, much as (Y/n)'s is towards Five. On one hand, Five still cared for her, very deeply. He wanted them to reunite and be frien- close again, on the side of Good. He had tried to plead and convince (Y/n) to abandon the Facility many times. He always instinctively, automatically protected her.

But on the other hand, he now quite clearly saw (Y/n) as the single biggest and one of the most dangerous threats the Commission could throw at him.

He hated that he still kept thinking of his shared memories with her even though it just hurt him even more. He still couldn't believe he let the stunning devil fuck with his mind and play with his heart and tease his feelings. He kept lecturing himself that if he just let himself be more suspicious he wouldn't be stuck as the fool in the play, the jester, the clown, the idiot.

After all that time he had just been fooling himself. He thought he was making progress with her, but she was just stringing him along, allowing him to believe they had something special when it was all in a jest to get close to him to kill him.

It was all just mind games.

But she was just so good at pretending to be a trustworthy ally, her gorgeous looks and her mysterious, kind, unique personality that made you attached to her the moment you met her.

"What a goddamn fool I was!" He spat bitterly, punching the wall next to him. If she even gave a damn about him, she could have tried to kill him the first few times they met so he wouldn't have wasted his precious limited time and saved him the heartbreak of being betrayed after mountains of effort to help her.  

"One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go. Whether it's guilt, anger, love, loss or betrayal. Change is never easy. We fight to hold on and we fight to let go." ~ Mareez Reyes

Five wished he could break her heart the same way she shattered his.

In all honesty, he would never actually do it.

But just to have the option is all he really wanted, to know that she even cared enough to be bothered by his absence. But she didn't... 

These thoughts were like pieces of glass inside him, cutting him deeper every time he breathed. The wound was flowing like a flood from his heart and he had no way to ease the pain.

All he could do was imagine what could have been if he had that ability within him. But no matter how he tried to comfort himself with fantasy, the only thing his mind would replay is the heartbreak he was just subjected to. He was a record player, thrown away and stuck on the same song, repeating over and over. There weren't words to describe how he felt about it. What she did... it was just-

( Author: Sorry guys I didn't think "Rescue the Princess" would drag on for this long. But I promise after two or three parts we will return back to the show's storyline.

Also sorry for breaking all your hearts with the betrayal of (Y/n) ✌️🤪 

I enjoy messing with Five to make him show his more vulnerable side 🥴 )