Part 1

This is set in an AU without any murders and MUs. #RuSha first Karwa Chauth. ;)
————
"Preesha yaar for gods sake you are a doctor, you of all people should know ke Ye vrat se lambi Umar hona and all doesn't work." Rudraksh said for the 10th time to his stubborn wife who was having none of it.

"Mujhe wo sab nahi Pata. Mujhe tumhare liye vrat rakhna hai" said preesha donning a pout.

"Listen to me" rudraksh pulled her closer cupping her face and looking into her eyes "mai nahi chahta ke tum mere liye koi bhi aur takleef uthao Maine tumhe already bohot Dard de diye hai. Mujhe aur guilty mat feel karwao. Mai nahi dekh paunga preesha"

He averted his gaze to hide his moist eyes, but preesha caught it and it almost broke her resolve. Almost. She held his hands and turned him towards her.

"Please" she said making eye contact and in her most convincing tone, the one she knew Rudra couldn't resist.

"Karlo manmani!!" Rudra threw his hands up in exasperation "meri koi baat nahi sunne ki toh upar se shapath khake aayi ho tum. But itna samajhlo preesha I am not going to be part of this, mujhse koi vrat khulwane ki ummid mat rakhna. Aur haan I will make every attempt to stop you" saying this he walked away before those puppy eyes of hers did their magic and he lost all will to oppose her.
————
"MA listen to me, please koi daily soap ka episode mat banana, meri bahu ko mai sargi dungi and all. Preesha ko koi sargi nahi dega I don't want her to fast" Sharda nodded in agreement knowing Rudra wouldn't take no for an answer. She also knew that preesha wouldn't back out either, god really gave these two equal amounts of stubbornness while making them.
"Bhabs you too" Rudra turned towards ahana.
"Keeping preesha without food all day. I am in" ahana clapped in glee.
Rudra just rolled his eyes and walked away.
————
It was 4am in the morning of karwa chauth. Rudra watched from behind a pillar in satisfaction as Sharda MA told preesha not to fast and that she would not give her any sargi because it would upset Rudra. As Preesha turned he walked back to his room knowing she'll make her way there to vent. He just did not know what he was in for.
"It's ok Rudra" preesha told his fake sleeping form "agar tum yahi chahte ho to mai bas paani peeke fast rakhlungi" preesha sobbed dramatically while lifting the glass of water from his bedside table.
Rudra caught her hand and pulled her onto the bed beside him frustrated.
"Yaar tumhe har cheez ulti hi kyun samajhni hoti hai"
"Acha" Preesha made an overtly innocent face "pani bhi nahi Peena tha. Thik hai phir mei nirjala vrat rakh lungi" her eyes couldn't hide the mischievous glint anymore and she began smiling.
"You're impossible" Rudra said still holding her beside him half laughing half angry.
He looks at the time, quickly gets up and takes a plate of food from below the bed.
"Mujhe Pata tha itna asaan nahi hoga tumhe convince karna, but I am still going to try to change your mind" saying this he handed her the plate to which preesha just shook her head in a no.
"Itna drama karwaya tumne itni choti cheez ke liye, ab mai thak gayi Hun apne haath se nahi kha sakti"
"Solid ziddi ho tum" Rudra sat down beside her with the plate and began feeding her. Preesha also started taking a few pieces of the roti and feeding rudraksh.
"Mujhe kyun khila rahi ho mai koi vrat nahi Rakhne wali" Rudra said faking a laugh "wo tv serial wale husbands jaisi ummeed mujhse mat rakhna"
"Acha baba thik hai, koi ummid nahi rakh rahi tumse, Ye to bas aisehi" Preesha continued feeding him with a knowing smile.
—————
As preesha walked into the kitchen there was a whole tub of Ben and Jerry chocolate ice cream, her favourite flavour. She laughed out loud before putting the tub back into the fridge and sending a message to her dear hubby.
—————
Rudraksh opened his phone to find her message mocking at him.
"You can't break my resolve with a tub of ice cream hubby. I like you more than ice cream atleast. Do better."
He threw the phone away in irritation plotting something bigger.