Chapter 6 - 𝑴𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒆

Start from the beginning

Hinata fastened his seatbelt and started the car. Once that was taken care of he looked over to [Y/n] with the intentions of making sure she was holding up alright. "You're not nervous or anything right?" She seemed kind of tense.

"Not yet, no." She was trying her best not to think too hard about things.

"That's good to hear. We shouldn't take too long." He informed. "So what's up with you? Where are you from?" Hinata noticed that she had an American accent.

"Kantō region; Honshū island." She was no foreigner. "But I just came back from school in America if that's what you meant."

Hinata let out a whistle. "So you're a college graduate then?"

"Correct."

"That's really hot." Shoyo was smitten. "Can you quote Shakespeare for me?" That would be even hotter.

"Uhm...to do or not to do?" [Y/n] wasn't even sure if that was the correct quote.

Shoyo didn't know the difference himself so he continued commending her on her intelligence.

[Y/n] didn't have the heart to break it to him so she just accepted all his praises happily.

"So how was your experience over there?" Hinata was genuinely curious. "I heard they steal a lot and stab people for fun over there." The man was very concerned. "Is that true?"

"Where'd you hear that..." It was far from true.

"The internet."

Figures.

╭ ╮

╰ ╯

Shoyo and [Y/n] kept their idle chatter going, however, [Y/n] couldn't help but notice that less and less houses could be seen. The area in which he took her was a gated community. Kind of like Kenma's.

"We're here." He notified while pulling into his driveway.

Neatly, he parked the car and then hopped out afterwards to go accommodate [Y/n]. The woman seemed to be quite taken aback, but in a good way of course.

It gave him a huge confidence boost.

"Just wait until you see the inside." Hinata boasted.

Hinata's house was a captivating place, floor-to-floor windows that ran from the ceiling, and this huge skylight was in the middle of the room. Not to mention how huge the building was. A change of scenery was definitely needed after being in the same space with gloomy ole' Kenma for so long.

This wasn't what the woman had expected at all. She assumed that he lived somewhere comfortable and cozy. But this was...

Grand.

"You sure do have it good."

"So I've been told." It wasn't his first time hearing that. Not strange considering that he was one of the top players in Japan.

[Y/n] did however feel a bit exposed with the open windows. Anyone could just be sneaking around, lurking in the bushes. The home that she and Kenma shared was secure and even though quite large it was still very cosy and home-like.